Name That Screengrab

Variation on the recent "name that quote" threads:

Name That Screengrab! ...but not the usual ones. ;)

For example, the following is from a very well-known classic film... but could you name the film?

0526015632.jpg

A few rules:

Screengrabs should not be zoomed-in blowups, but should be the full frame.

Also the film should have been widely seen, in general. Not what you shot last weekend.

All are welcome to place an image up, too. Simply place up a new image as your old one get solved. If people have trouble with your screengrab, maybe offer up a clue after a day or so.

To get a specific hi-res screengrab, you can hit PrintScreen on your keyboard to copy the frame to clipboard; then paste into your image editing programme. (This assumes you watch DVD on your computer, yah)

Away!

Last edited:
we can not post another screengrab till the previous one is solved?

One per person; so you can post one up right now. I could not post another, though, 'til someone solves mine. (If it gets too hard or long to solve, maybe offer up gradual clues.)

I wanna play too :cool:

Cool game! Still finishing my Santa video (waiting for footage to dump from my card to my HD), then I'll post one of these.

I don't recognize this, at all. If I had to take a guess, I'm going with Blade Runner (cuz it's retro-futuristic and dark).

Last edited:
I'm going with Blade Runner
I was thinking Blade Runner as well

Dang! Yes, it is! :eek:

At the beginning of the film, there is the interview with the replicant (who gets confused about the turtles). The screengrab is while the detective is calibrating his machine. Pretty creepy machinery, tbh.

Woo! I can post a new one myself, too!

Ah yes. The machine.

CF, North By Northwest is one of my fav Hitchcock movies. Good guess but nope! And it's not Hitchcock.

Giving the actual year may be too much of a give away for you guys so i'll just say its a little earlier than 1960.

Last edited:
Ernest, War of the Worlds... or possibly Quatermass?

Heh, hope there's lots of pics in the morn. Gonna sleep on these. Adeim's, too.

Your pic is failing to load both at IT and Politik. Is it just me? The other pics on the thread load fine, though.

Mine was a pretty random shot so here's another one from the same movie. It is from the title sequence.

Attachments

• unititledit2.jpg
    unititledit2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 132
For Adeimantus I was going to say The Assasination of Jesse James, but I actually think Cracker's right with Gladiator. All the same they're very similar shots...

For EW, I was going to say one of the very early James Bonds (just for the title sequence) but I don't think any of them were written until the late 50's... So I don't know, although the first cap is familiar...

@ Nick: Nope but the following hint should have you and Adeim racing to get the answer in first :)

@Adeim: Idk y but this politik thing doesnt load on my browser :(

Some Like it Hot (cant decide between it and dr strangelove as my funniest movie of all time) was in b&w and is not the answer. But you've gotten very close.

Back