My film will beat your film!

lux said:
i must take this challenge on board to show what i am capable of...

A start with a mighty hiss and a roar!

I like the spunk in this one!

lux said:
oh wait. did you say 6 weeks?

...oh my! So soon to surrender. :no:

The 6 weeks has not started yet. Full details will be up this weekend's end, regarding most aspects of this challenge. (And the actual competition will be starting a wee bit after that)

Maybe if you're a fast writer you can team up with other boardmembers, who are terrible at scriptwriting?

Lots of collaboration goes on, with this challenge. (Composers are always in high demand, for example)

It's not over 'til it's over, Mr Zoolio!
smiley_banjo.gif

hah no zen, i am not yet to surrender. I shall continue my scheme after the camp, even if it does set me back two weeks.... i hope

Good show, Mr Lux!

Even at camp you'll have time to write, plot & organise a short film to be ready to shoot.

No longer than 5 minutes... keep that in mind, while vainly attempting to topple my throne.
smiley_piratriot.gif

Bring it on Zen!
I'm looking forward to makin' a name for myself 'round these parts...

Think Clint as he rides into town.

(HAWKEYE standing on the edge of town, a small Italian cigar clentched in his teeth, his saddle blanket as a poncho hanging down until he flips it aside showing the old worn analog VHS-C camera he has in his holster)

This town ain't big enough for the both of us pardner...

Bring on the competition... I'm ready!

-HAWKEYE

Zen's days are numbered.

I have a number, that's for sure.

That number is #1 :cool:

_______

Mr Hawkeye...

I'll see your Clint and raise you an Annie Oakley...

_______

If anyone manages to beat my entry in the Judges' Choice award, I'll change my sig for two full weeks acknowledging that Filmmaker (insert your name) is better than myself.

(I'll also be trying to find out how large the bribe was) :bag:

I am IN! After last time, I'm not counting on anyone to do anything. While I'm waiting to get all the renders, I can pop this little ditty in for a spin...

SO! Who, What, When, Where, Why and most importantly, HOW!!!!

What are the rules? What are the winnings? What are you going to do when I beat you, Zen!?

Zensteve said:
...or will it?
smiley_creepy.gif

_______

New challenge

New rules

New films

_______

Could a Round Three be around the corner?

Complete with prizes of dubious value, and the bragging rights to call oneself the best on IndieTalk?

I don't think anyone can best whatever I come up with... bok bok bok
smiley_chocobo.gif

How many here would rise again to battle for the top spot, in a new "from scratch" film face-off?

_______

Confused about what a Round Three is? Here are the links to One and Two, to get you up to speed.

Hummm...I have the time. It wouldn't hurt to get the practice. And boy wouldn't I like to rub that Mickey Mouse loving Anaheim living nose in the dirt! :rofl:

If it's a genre that fits my resources I'm in!

Chris

that Mickey Mouse loving

I'm sure I don't know who you mean
smiley_mickey.gif

Don't worry too much about the genres, good Cibao. They are vague enough to allow a lot of creative flexibility.

Mr Cootdog and possibly a VegasTV, too? Maybe if you both combined forces, you could take me down...

smiley_phoneright.gif
"Hey VegasTV, it's Coot. Let's gang up on Zen!"

smiley_phoneleft.gif
"Great thinking man. No way could we beat him in a fair fight."

I am so confident that my film will be better, that I am considering filming the entire thing with the lenscap on... and still be able to win this!

(I won't be winning the Modesty Prize, though)

Zensteve said:
I am so confident that my film will be better, that I am considering filming the entire thing with the lenscap on... and still be able to win this!

Mighty strong words runt. :P But I think that's all they are. :cool:

Zensteve said:
I'm sure I don't know who you mean
smiley_mickey.gif

YOU BAS****!!! So you're going to STEAL my idea now. "Darkness" was going to be my title. I suppose that you'll steal that too!

Fine. Now I understand the rules!

Chris

I suppose that you'll steal that too!

All is fair in love and film, good sir
smiley_piratriot.gif

I have also pre-emptively stolen the names of the sequels.
  • The Darkness Strikes Back
  • The Return of the Darkness
  • The Phantom Darkness
  • Attack of the Darkness

and for good measure,

• Revenge of the Darkness
(That one brings it full circle, you know.)

Mighty strong words runt. But I think that's all they are.

You underestimate the power of the Zen side.

(Insert heavy breathing here)

I Have A Script About Children Of The Invisible Man Who Married An Invisable Woman, But, They're Not Much To Look At Either.

Xedop, I want that script to do this time around! LOL Funny stuff it sounds like. You wouldn't need a cast of thousands either to pull it off. :D

Back