• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Logo Animation Concept

Been kicking around the idea of using this for a prodco name. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZLH02Qu83M

Last edited:
Fantastic..
Nice in quality if not concept (just sayin the Sisters Of Mercy aren't gonna like that!) anyway..

I like the camera movement and the depth..

just suggestions\observations here..
the light rays seem to end unnaturally abrupt.
The texture on the cruciform is not locked to the shape it moves differently, maybe its a reflection if so.. looks a bit odd.
Ease in\out of the key frames for the swing.. it will look more natural....

Thanks for checking it out, guys! :D

I like the concept, typography is a little amateur (although having studied it at degree level I'm a bit of a typography nazi)

By typography do you simply mean the font? Or are you talking about the execution? Got any suggestions?

Fantastic..
Nice in quality if not concept (just sayin the Sisters Of Mercy aren't gonna like that!) anyway..

I like the camera movement and the depth..

just suggestions\observations here..
the light rays seem to end unnaturally abrupt.
The texture on the cruciform is not locked to the shape it moves differently, maybe its a reflection if so.. looks a bit odd.
Ease in\out of the key frames for the swing.. it will look more natural....
Recognize the VC tutorial? :P Thanks for the tips. I'll have to do some more fine-tuning. The texture is fixed, gonna need to find a way to take care of that.

Strange, though, I did put ease-in/out on all keyframes. Maybe it's too slow a swing for only shifting by a margin of 2 degrees...?

God Damn, that's pretty sweet.

Pun intended.

I thought that was really good :)

Personally I wouldn't be 100% comfortable with the name- purely because it doesn't have an amazing ring to it (not from a religious point of view :P ) But I thought the execution on that theme was really cool.

Personally I wouldn't be 100% comfortable with the name- purely because it doesn't have an amazing ring to it (not from a religious point of view :P )

Sure, I'll grant you that. Luckily, if there is a hell (:lol:), I've already got a first class ticket. And as far as marketing is concerned, any film we make at the prodco will most likely not be religion-friendly anyway :P

Dready, I hope you don't mind me mentioning this. I don't want to hijack the thread, so if anybody is interested, please don't respond to me in this thread, but PM me. I need my logo to be re-worked. I'll pay money (not much, I'm afraid, but something).

Current logo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQzjdzQGBjw

@Dreadman P. Locksmith- I don't really mean it will irk religious people, but more I'm unsure how it sounds when it's said outloud. If people are discussing it they're immediately going to assume that you are making films that are blasphemous.

Is there a particularly reason why you are going down the hell/devil route?

@Dreadman P. Locksmith- I don't really mean it will irk religious people, but more I'm unsure how it sounds when it's said outloud. If people are discussing it they're immediately going to assume that you are making films that are blasphemous.
Point taken. But the feature that's in the works, when I've described it to folks, their reaction tends to be "Oh my god, that's so blasphemous!" :P

Is there a particularly reason why you are going down the hell/devil route?

I've been told that not believing in yahweh is enough... :rolleyes:

Lol. Thanks.

It's supposed to be an homage to "Star Wars", but it sucks. I want it to look like a big space ship flying over head, until the reveal. I did this on free (shitty) software. I'm going to give it another go, now that I have After Effects, but I'd much prefer that someone else do it (someone who's good at this kind of stuff).

Okay, hijacking done. If anybody's interested in this project, please PM me. Thanks!

Actually, I did think it was a space ship at first. It reminded me of the beginning of Spaceballs.

I just meant that when I hear Cracker Funk, I want to see a funky monkey or something :P Maybe the reveal can be a giant, robotic, chimp-shaped space-ship.

Lol. Thanks.

It's supposed to be an homage to "Star Wars", but it sucks. I want it to look like a big space ship flying over head, until the reveal. I did this on free (shitty) software. I'm going to give it another go, now that I have After Effects, but I'd much prefer that someone else do it (someone who's good at this kind of stuff).

Okay, hijacking done. If anybody's interested in this project, please PM me. Thanks!

Perhaps the aesthetics need to be worked on but the message is quite clear because the first thing i thought of was Star Wars when it began.

Back