Just An Idea

Just some idea my wife and I were chating about tonight.

would you all be into doing some shorts based on the same hero.?

ok so here is the idea a 007 sort of a person gets off a bus or our of a cab or what ever, there job is to do one thing, we never know what the person looks like also we never really know what there job is.

at the end of the short they get into a cab or what even then the next person picks up where the last person left off and so on.

post your idea here and maybe we can come up with a real cool story.

I'll be working friday night as well. But I am definately interested. For those chatting, maybe you could just post a summary what what you guys talked about here so those that couldn't make it to the chat can still have their voice heard.

MC

UPDATE ON THE IDEA:

There is one Male one Female that escape the "SBR" the agency also know as [CootDog] 8:38 pm: Social Beaurocratic Resistance. as he said sorry for the spelling. no worries man.

the are drifters also Hitman, when they leave the SBK they go there own ways and never meet up ever again. the man has a Zippo that he gets from his sister, also Black Trench and a fedora all in black.

The story can be with him or her its up to you, can run from 1min but no more the 20 min tops.

mans name is Flint.
womans name we have not come up with yet but I dont think she really needs one.

they both can do bad or good. as they are unknowns to the world at large.

No Cigs " Coot thats a good idea, my wife thinks showing Cigs on screen with a cool hero would just say to kids smoking is cool" ;O) smoking is bad and we all know it.

next meeting 6pm - 8 Pacific time zone Saturday I will keep saving the meetings so we have a record of them for Indetalk.

Cheers
JJ

Last edited:
Sorry guys. I couldn't get back into the room once I got out of there. It was lagging really bad for me tonight. Not sure what it was. Anyway...glad you got some things settled. Hopefully more details will come threw this week and next Saturday. :)

John Jordan said:
UPDATE ON THE IDEA:
There is one Male one Female that eascap the SBK the agance also know as [CootDog] 8:38 pm: Social Beaurocratic Resistance. as he said sorry for the spelling. no worries man.

the are drifters also Hitman, when they leave the SBK they go there own ways and never meet up ever again. the man has a Zippo that he gets from his sister, also Black Trench and a fedora all in black.
mans name is Flint.
cig brand to help identify the character, I think Dunhill as we have them in Canada the USA and Europ so it keeps it simple.

next meeting 6pm - 8 Pacific time zone Saturday I will keep saving the meetings so we have a recored of them for Indetalk.

Yes so that would make it SBR not SBK :bang:

I also didn't think Cigs were agreed upon, just thrown out... Because I would be against cigs.
I thought the lighter was to be used to calm the nerves, and/or to be used in a killing technique - not to light a cig. :weird:

It was a good meet last night. Covered a lot of ground.

Hail: when that happens you have to log out of the whole website, log back in, and then go back into the chat. ;)

So... there's another chat tonight? cool I can make that one. I'll be home from shooting by then me thinks :D

Back story:
In the past, a bother and sister were recruited and trained by SBR (the agency).
They soon realized that the agency was evil, so they escaped. Now they are being chased by SBR, because SBR will not allow someone to leave them. To avoid be captured together, they went their separate ways and vowed never to see each other again. Somehow, though, they have a special connection, it could be due to some special experiment done by SBR, or maybe just a sibling bond...but somehow they have a connection to each other. Now that they have escaped, they are always on the run, and they support themselves by taking jobs helping people. The help might be for good, might be for bad, might be with good intentions but ends up bad. Regardless, they always act with skill, precision, and professionalism. Their reputations are well known in underground circles. But they must keep on the move to stay ahead of the SBR.

Rules:
-Movies are to be no more than 20 minutes in length, including credits. No minimum time is required.
-It is allowed for the two characters to appear in the same episode, but they can never willingly/knowingly interact.
-Both characters wear long black coats and black hats (fedora for the male).
-We never see either's face.
-Their dialogue should be kept to a minimum, and if they do talk, it is in a low whisper.
-The characters names are not known and should not be revealed.

Options:
-The episodes can feature either character. (See RULES above for restrictions about both characters together.)
-The brother carries a silver zippo lighter, which he flicks as a nervous habit. It is a gift from his sister. This can be used in the story if desired.
-Both heros have a copy of a picture (of the two of them) from when they were kids. This can used as a prop if it suits the mood. (This pic will be provided to all via internet download. Print and use as needed.)
-The movies can feature as much or as little of the back story as desired by the storyteller
-Plot elements that CAN be included (though not required) are; heros being sought out /chased by SBR agents, heros taking/resolving a freelance "muscle" job, investigating the status of the sibling, having a "link" with the sibling, hero trying to destroy the SBR.
-The subject of cigarettes came up but was never resolved. We have votes FOR and AGAINST the use of cigarettes. (My suggestion would be this...let's say our hero is a smoker, hence the zippo lighter, but he is trying to quit. If anyone includes him smoking in their movie, at the end of the episode he should
throw out the pack with a vow to try "once again" to quit smoking. This way, if he is not smoking in the next one...he is doing well with quiting. That might even be worked into the dialogue. If he is smoking again next time around...well, relapses happen. If he DOES smoke, he smokes Dunhill brand cigs.)
-Hopefully, we will have some music created to suit all different types of moods/settings. These MP3 files will (again, hopefully) be available for download by anyone working on the project and you can incorporate them into your movie as desired. This will help form a consistant musical theme throughout the project, BUT you can always opt to create different music if you wish.
-Please try to incorporate something indentifiable of your local region so we can show our characters "getting around." Perhaps include a title overlay at the beginning showing the city and state.

thank you John-B

John: This is all starting to look very good.. do we know who is supplying the childhood photo? How about the music, is there someone doing this already, or are we just going to share what we create so it can be used again? I think perhaps there should be a sort of "theme music" for the intro or credits.. or perhaps for when the hero/heroine first appears in the film. Just a little something extra to sell that it really is that person or whatever.

I've got ACID and about 30 loop discs, so I'd be willing to put some music together. Thanks for all the hard work organizing this project, it looks like it will be fun. :)

Photos

Will Vincent said:
John: This is all starting to look very good.. do we know who is supplying the childhood photo? How about the music, is there someone doing this already, or are we just going to share what we create so it can be used again? I think perhaps there should be a sort of "theme music" for the intro or credits.. or perhaps for when the hero/heroine first appears in the film. Just a little something extra to sell that it really is that person or whatever.

I've got ACID and about 30 loop discs, so I'd be willing to put some music together. Thanks for all the hard work organizing this project, it looks like it will be fun. :)

you have two photos there, if you like I can post a few more.

Last edited:
I talked to my bro John Sampson of fall Guy Productions today about the short film.
No worries we have the start of the film covered off all gack and guns are a go, I will go into production in a week or two with the start of the film and be fended two by Jan we will film on Sundays as most of my Industry friends have Sundays off. I am however trying to get Sebastian Spence to do the voice over for the start of the film and maybe do a cameo for it.

All I need do is finish my script and synopsis and that will be dun by tonight

Cheers

Will Vincent said:
Ahh.. you updated the page with the photos after I posted.. they look good to me.

Is that you in the photos John? :D

the photo was taken in 1945 the other one I dont know but they are of my mom she past away five years back and my uncle in Belgium. he gave me the story of the Dog in the photo, they found him on a train of all places and took him home with them, he says it was the best dog they ever had.

Back