Impromptu horror film competition...

or, if you have something in the can, see if you can edit up a SCARY version.. or me, I think I might do something with archive footage, there is some good stuff to be had. No points for camera work of course, but sound, motion graphics, editing.. could be fun.

You'll note there's no category for camera... just visuals - I think the lighting, camera, set design, etc... all play into the visual and need to be considered as a whole end product, so I thought I'd prefer to consider those as a whole.

Ha!

Screenplay written & proofed - DONE!
Props & supplies collected - DONE!
Principle location - FOUND!
Opening sequence shot - DONE!

Getting the rest shot - This morning (I hope!)
Chop - Today (Maybe!)
Music & lyrics - By lamplight tonight (Why not?!)

The glove is thrown, Mister Flicker! :devil:

:lol:

Last edited:
Oh, SNAP, I just saw this! Shite, gotta hit the drawing board!

(Incidentally, I so hope we do secret santas again.)

Rayw --- be afraid... be very afraid! Bwahahaha!! :evil:

side note: my genre will be horror/comedy or rather comedy/horror or rather comedy/terror or comedy/campy/terror or horror lite, but still Halloween-themed.

En garde!

Mine's going to be just plain disturbing horror.

I think I'll HAVE TO enter the Secret Santa this year just to earn back some goodwill.

Last edited:
Mine's going to be just plain disturbing horror.

I think I'll HAVE TO enter the Secret Santa this year just to earn back some goodwill.
Let me do some original music, man. I always want to be involved in these competitions but if I decided to make a film myself it would just be embarassing for everyone.

I'm giving up smoking so I'm a very fast worker.

Let me do some original music, man. I always want to be involved in these competitions but if I decided to make a film myself it would just be embarassing for everyone.

I'm giving up smoking so I'm a very fast worker.
Okey doke.
I might have the final edit Friday or even Saturday, so I'll count very much on your "fast worker" quality.

Think I can email it to you to work on, .wmv or .avi fine?
You then email it back.
If the file is too big we may have to figure out something different.

Sound do-able?

Okey doke.
I might have the final edit Friday or even Saturday, so I'll count very much on your "fast worker" quality.

Think I can email it to you to work on, .wmv or .avi fine?
You then email it back.
If the file is too big we may have to figure out something different.

Sound do-able?
Safe as toast.

Either format is fine, and my email is harpsichoid(at)hotmail.co.uk. Good luck with the rest of the filming.

You're a brave woman to be waiting till then to start. :weird:

6397513_02abd6d877.jpg

Know what I like?

I like a morning full of shooting up to the final shot, which is kinduva one-shot-deal, no retakes, kinda prop sensitive because the prop is destroyed and you find out AFTERWARDS (because you're the one destroying the prop) that just at the really great part about destroying the prop the [expletive] disk ran outta memory.

Umm...

[E X P L E T I V E ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ]

Oh well.
I'll figure some work around.

Sure did shoot a lot of video for a short.

Whassat I hear... ?
A chainsaw!

"BRRRRRRAAAAMMM BRRRAAAM BRAM BRAM BRAM BRAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!"

My God, Woman!
You ARE beautiful!

Last edited:
rayw - are you using ChainsawPro for editing? :P Fix it in post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnZ6jwtg88s​

Starring: Liesel Kopp (IMDb)
Music: JoshL

My camera work is shite!

Back