Help Me Help You! Looking for film(s) to distribute! Success Guaranteed.

Moderator Note: This is the discussion portion of this thread... there is also a classifieds portion... please keep the discussion of this business strategy here and leave the classified post for inquiries about the distribution offer.

Hello all, this is my first post as you can all see. First and foremost I'd like to say that you guys have a great community here. To the admin, nice site!

I'll get straight to the point. First and foremost my bold claim in the title "Success Guaranteed". Reason being I'm currently looking for an indie filmmaker whom I can purchase a license from to sell your film as 4,000 units.

I'm looking for HD material only. Preferably a movie, but a great documentary could sway otherwise. The film would be put onto blu-ray and again our license from you would be to sell 4k units only.

-the title would have to be over 1 hr in length
-HD quality
-special features etc a plus
-Quality, quality... quality.

You can post youtube trailers in this thread or PM me them. If interested we can discuss further.

Do you have a film that is good/great and you just want to get it OUT THERE! Haven't had the finances of getting it pressed up NICELY? We're interested in checking it out! We have promotional tools already in place and the movie we choose will sell!

Perhaps this is THE opportunity for you. And as I'm not accustomed to the quality of films this community is representative of perhaps it could open the door for more ventures with more filmmakers as if the first is as successful as we plan then we'd be looking to continue to work with more filmmakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you and many others will find many more opportunities of someone willing to pay for everything up front and take on all of the financial risk.

No upfront money, no deal -- whether it's you or Warner Brothers.

The vast majority of indie filmmakers aren't gonna get a dime beyond that upfront money.

In light of all this dodging, it's a pretty safe bet that you won't be offering any.

Last edited:
This guys rude, uncooperative, fails to provide upfront links, claims to have money yet doesn't say what kind of money is available, no one knows who he is...

Yet he wants me to pm him?

Maybe I should try to hire christan bale or Hugh jackman on the terms that il pay upfront but I won't tell them the budget as its none of their business, Won't tell them who I am ... Unless they reply to my email.

Clearly you have excellent sales skills and I can tell that your a real representation of your company....

Incase you didn't get that last bit I was being sarcastic.

I can't see how anyone would wanna work with incompetence with the attitude of a child and in no way professional.

While I am definitely overwhelmed in this thread I would still like to state that you performed an intelligent amount of research. As a forum admin, I commend you for being a good representation as a mod for indietalk.

Thanks, I stopped at claimed identity verification... I used to work doing IT at a risk analysis firm (good money, good people, I miss it a bit). There are enough pieces of information through some quick googling to say that you are who you say you are. Given some deeper searching and more time (that I'm not willing to spend right now), I could find your LLC filings and probably a business address to REALLY verify you. Given a social security number... :hmm:

I see what you're trying to do as a neat business move from where you seem to be into providing a real outlet to indie filmmakers. If you're able to build your own library, you'll get to keep more of the profits... as will the filmmakers -- cutting out the Majors in this distro setup.

I'm not sure we need to be so hostile every time someone comes here trying to promote their business. If you're not interested in a distributor who doesn't offer upfront cash then that's fine, but that doesn't make it a scam or BS.

Personally, if my movie were finished then I would be willing to talk to a distributor who might be able to make me a little money but, equally importantly, can get my film seen. The upfront cash wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me or for a lot of other people on this forum. This business model seems perfectly sensible for indie filmmakers.

And wherever there are indie filmmakers, there are indie distributors and we ought to be offering them the same help, advice and support as we would to someone producing their first feature.

I'm not sure we need to be so hostile every time someone comes here trying to promote their business. If you're not interested in a distributor who doesn't offer upfront cash then that's fine, but that doesn't make it a scam or BS.

I'll reiterate this point. I've made businesses. You keep your plans close to the vest lest they are wrest from your control. (that was fun to write). This seems like an initial inquiry. 8S9 and GA, we get it, you're not interested, the OP hasn't fulfilled your need to know... so don't do business with them. They've fulfilled mine and I'd give it a go if I had something worth offering them at this point. Of course once interest is expressed, I'd expect an ironclad contract detailing the rights of both parties, and from what I've seen, I'm sure they have one.

I'd also expect that they had an NDA for you to sign and would encourage anyone dealing with them to have one as well (there are good ones freely downloadable from the 'nets) to protect your intellectual property. This is how business is done. There need to be inquiries made to gauge interest. Somehow that needs be balanced with some secrecy. It seems to me that they've found a nice balance.

I offered to vet them confidentially on behalf of the IT community. I've done so, you can take it or leave it, I've detailed my findings and methodologies. Given what I've seen, you can get the same results with about 4 clicks and a google search starting at this page you're currently reading. No need for PMs or mistrust, do your own research -- due diligence in the business verbiage.

I've been BURNED in business before (that guy is still on the FBIs list from what I understand), so I see treachery everywhere I look in business. I see what appears to be a legitimate the nascent moves in a shift in business practice here.

I don't know this guy, but I don't see anything out of place here unless he's co-opted a really well established identity -- which I don't necessarily think this site would be the target for.

To the OP... Have you considered compilations of shorts from the community? How open would you be to Executive producing original content made specifically for this endeavor as a primary distribution channel? I'm not sure how entrenched your retail outlet strength is and what kind of numbers could be moved via your resources without named actors or previous brand recognition.

I agree

Personally, if my movie were finished then I would be willing to talk to a distributor who might be able to make me a little money but, equally importantly, can get my film seen. The upfront cash wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me or for a lot of other people on this forum. This business model seems perfectly sensible for indie filmmakers.

And wherever there are indie filmmakers, there are indie distributors and we ought to be offering them the same help, advice and support as we would to someone producing their first feature.

No upfront money, no deal -- whether it's you or Warner Brothers.

The vast majority of indie filmmakers aren't gonna get a dime beyond that upfront money.

In light of all this dodging, it's a pretty safe bet that you won't be offering any.

You really do misinterpret things very badly. There is up-front money, to the filmmaker.

Maybe if I lay it out very simply you will understand ... tho I really dont care if you specifically understand as I dont want to be working with you and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Us: Us ;)
FM: Filmmaker

Us: We like your film and want to move forward. We're willing to pay you X to allow us to sell up to 4k copies ... whether we sell 100, 1k, 2, 3, etc. Max 4k.
FM: Ok I like that deal, pay me
Us: Sends over contract and upon agreement of the license to sell 4k ; you get paid.
Us: Then we pay to get the film pressed up
Us: Then we sell to our community.

Everything we do is legit, filmmaker will see our invoice of 4k and will be involved throughout the entire process.

ps. alot of what knightly said is very true.

Last edited:
I'm as skeptical as anyone else, on the internet and in real life.

I suspect OP and his/her company is only looking for features and I'm still making (awesome *wink nudge*) shorts. But if I had a feature I'd certainly want to test the waters and get more information.

Jesus, people. Just because you don't want to cross a bridge, doesn't mean you have to burn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
point taken. But he could be a liar and he has no evidence to prove otherwise. It's simple questions being asked and he's dancing around them.

exactly the point i was making, he didnt answer anything about posting links to his site, I'm curious as to why anyone would hide them when TRYING to promote his business?

his business skills baffle me and as such i conclude them as suspicious.

2cents "hi you dont know me and not even my name, but id like to offer you some money for your film"

victim "who do you work for? whats your company name? how can i trust you"

2cents "hi you dont know me and not even my name, but id like to offer you some money for your film"

victim "ok you have convinced me take my film and make it famous"

and that my friends is not how a business is run.

Not everyone wants their information displayed publicly on the internet. Did you try PMing 2cents for the answers to your questions. If it were legit, would you even be interested in the proposition? If not, then I don't see the point in playing internet police.

exactly the point i was making, he didnt answer anything about posting links to his site, I'm curious as to why anyone would hide them when TRYING to promote his business?

his business skills baffle me and as such i conclude them as suspicious.

victim "who do you work for? whats your company name? how can i trust you"

victim "ok you have convinced me take my film and make it famous"

and that my friends is not how a business is run.

more like:

"Hi, I would like to pay you for 4,000 copies of your film to sell"

"How much will you pay me?"

"That's none of your business."

"Well, do you own a company or a website?"

"That's none of your business."

(That's EXACTLY how he answered)

I don't see what the big deal is. The distributors that I have worked with NEVER talk numbers until they have seen a film. Don't even get me started on how guarded agents and creative execs are about even offering an email.

Very few of the thousands of people with filmmaking dreams ever actually make money in the business. As a result, the film business is FULL of scammers -- many of them are even considered somewhat legit -- films schools, producers reps (that you pay in advance) for instance -- all milking off your irrational thinking resulting from chasing that dream.

Anybody that comes posting in here with a hint of selling a scheme deserves a full court press all the way to the basket. If they're legit, they'll survive.

In this case, they're insulting people who question their legitimacy. That's another tactic of a scammer -- "how dare you question my sincerity."

They say now they wouldn't take my film, but the reality is, if they can make money with it, they WILL take it. Hollywood is full of strange bedfellows paired up by the almighty dollar.

I don't see how the OP is doing any harm here. The backlash has been unwarranted. All I have to do is show them my trailer, and that gets me more info? How is that a bad thing?

2 Cents, thanks for giving me an excuse to post my trailer, and please PM me if my film piques your interest. :)

www.antihero-movie.com

Back