FREE Entry - The Chicago "Really" Short Film Fest and IndieTalk

Rick said:
We have the Sonnyboo films, just got the Logan films and we also have CootDog Productions "Scarred for Life". I hope everyone has been getting my emails. When we receive the films in the mail I try and send out an email right away.

Rick

Glad to hear it, as I did not recieve an email...

THANKS! THis is a kick ass collaboration between INDIETALK and a film fest.

I sent "Destiny Calls". Rick Ramirez contacted me that he recieved it, and the selected movies will be announced by the end of next week. So here's hoping it gets in. :cool: And good luck to those who sent theirs in as well.

HailtotheKing said:
Rick, I sense that you got my Invisible Man film a few days ago. :D

Yes, we got your film. I sent the email thursday night. Here's the time stamp from the email <Sent: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:40:59> I apologize if you didn't get my email, but to confirm yes we received your film in the mail on thursday.

We will be announcing the films selected for the fest by the end of next week, April 9th. Our official deadline has passed. We are accepting late submissions until April 7th for a hefty $50 fee. IndieTalk.com members offer will stay the same, cuz we like you. So you procrastinators have several more days. :D

Rick

Rick said:
Our official deadline has passed. We are accepting late submissions until April 7th for a hefty $50 fee. IndieTalk.com members offer will stay the same, cuz we like you. So you procrastinators have several more days. :D

Rick
Cool! I thought I'd quote this for those who missed it. Deadline extended! :)

Rick, apparently there was some mix up at the post office and the guy didn't charge me for priority mail even though he stamped it as such, so I will need to send it again today. If that isnt OK Ill understand.

Also, I tried emailing you but it keeps coming back returned. I used the address you used when you sent me the emails.

Last edited:
Rick said:
We will be announcing the films selected for the fest by the end of next week, April 9th.

Was just wondering if you had selected the films yet? I checked your site and didn't see anything. Or maybe I missed something :huh:

They accepted entries until April 7th, so I think he meant the end of this week.

My apologies for not getting this up sooner I've been real busy with work, a domestic life, and of course screening all of the films sent in.

First let me say thank you to everyone that submitted a film to our little film fest. We appreciate all the entries...there was a lot to get through. I also want to thank IndieTalk.com for helping us get the word out.

We debated and debated until we got to the final selection. Emails have already been sent out to those filmmakers who's films have been selected. I'll be sending out an email to everyone else today with the list you see below.

Congratulations to the films that were selected! We'll have more info on our site about the films and the folks who created them very soon.

The Official Selection of The 2005 Chicago "Really" Short Film Fest. * Algren's Last Night * C4V3 * Carla Cope * Codes * Couch Fu * Cushion * Elevator * Glimpse * Jakarta Boom Boom * Line Of Masculinity * Lovecraft Syndrome * Manhattan Project * Mann In The Slip * Once Upon A Time A King * Piano Sfera * Phudi Mart * Requiem For A Ring * Scarred For Life * Sometimes They Come Loose * Taken * The Offering * The Way You Chew * Verite Nue * Warpath * Winner Takes Steve * Yearbook

Rick

Wow, congrats to Poke and Sonnyboo (and everyone else, it's hard to tell without usernames ;))

Good luck in Chicago!

Conrats to Boo and Coot. And thanks to Indie and Wide. Special Thanks to Rick and Indie for getting the Indie Talk connection working.

I wish I could make it to the screening.

Poke

SonnyBoo,
Are you going to be able to attend the event?
Let me know!

Yes, and thanks to Rick for everything you've done for us IndieTalkers!

Back