FREE Entry - The Chicago "Really" Short Film Fest and IndieTalk

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
reallyshort.jpg

Members and Premiere Members:

IndieTalk has teamed with The Chicago "Really" Short Film Fest to offer you the following:

FREE ENTRY FOR PREMIERE MEMBERS! (Not a Premiere Member? Upgrade HERE.)

$5 OFF THE $15 ENTRY FEE FOR REGULAR MEMBERS!

FILL OUT THIS FORM and enter your IndieTalk member name at the bottom. If you are a Premiere Member, check the box (this will be verified).

• Deadline: April 1st
  • Entries 15 min. or less
  • DVD or VHS

MULTIPLE ENTRIES QUESTIONS

COMPLETE RULES can be found here.

Maia Entertainment presents The Chicago "Really" Short Film Fest coming May 7 2005 hosted by The Abbey Pub (3420 W. Grace Chicago, IL 60618)

reallyshort.jpg

Awesome indie! :D I'm entering this one for sure! I think I'm going to enter the Invisible Man short. :) Thanks so much for working this out with them.

EDIT: I submited my info to them. We'll see if they accept it. :pop:

Last edited:
SWEET

The Soup Party is going to Chicago! :D

Thanks Dan!

Should also add thanks to maia entertainment and the festival!

Last edited:
Yowza!
smiley_mono.gif

Can't beat a free entry to a respected film festival!

I hope all you IndieTalk peeps with suitable entries are licking those envelopes closed, and sending in some submissions. :cool:

I'm glad you guys are excited about the fest or is it the offer? Either way nothing is better than free (for premiere members anyway).

In the short time that I've been here at indie talk I've seen nothing but supportive people on the site. I wish there was an indie talk for me around 10 years ago. Probably would've helped make me a better or at least more knowledgable filmmaker. :lol:

I've also seen some really nice work with your short films. I founded the film fest last year and one of my first priorities is to show some good films to the audience. I've seen a bunch of good films here in the screening room and I think those films deserve to be seen by a lively crowd. We may not be the biggest, baddest film fest out there but we're the most fun! That's the whole reason why the fest got started, I wanted to show my films to an audience but I also wanted to make a fun night out of it.

As Mr. ZEN said "I hope all you IndieTalk peeps with suitable entries are licking those envelopes closed, and sending in some submissions."

You've got 'til April 1st. ;)

Rick

Due Date For Material

After april 1 submission, when does material have to be in by? I have my script done, and my crew ready to run! that's it. I didn't find out about this wonderful opportunity until a few days ago. It would be a BLAST to hang out with TALENTED film makers. Thanx, brothers&sisters. :huh:

Last edited:
jbrndee said:
After april 1 submission, when does material have to be in by? I have my script done, and my crew ready to run! that's it. I didn't find out about this wonderful opportunity until a few days ago. It would be a BLAST to hang out with TALENTED film makers. Thanx, brothers&sisters. :huh:

Well, April 1st is our deadline. We need the films to be sent in before April 1st, on April 1st, or postmarked by April 1st. This deadline is very important to us. Many things need to be finished on our end before the May 7th show date. The filmmakers who's films have been selected need that time to prepare for the show too I guess because some have shown interest in attending the fest and they are from out of state.

So I would say shoot it, burn it, and send it in as fast as you can...time is ticking. :D

Rick

Thank you Rick

I realize I cannot film and edit in 4 days; I'm too much of a perfectionist. I was going to take fifteen minutes from my script and film it. But maybe next year. I'm so thankful for maia entertainment for making this opportunity for film makers. I hope great things for 'maia entertainment', and I hope someday I can be apart of your brotherhood! Rick, please keep me informed. :yes:

Last edited:
We have the Sonnyboo films, just got the Logan films and we also have CootDog Productions "Scarred for Life". I hope everyone has been getting my emails. When we receive the films in the mail I try and send out an email right away.

Rick

If my film wasn't 22 minutes I'd submit it. :)

Deadline approaching, everyone should submit.

Back