Favourite Vampire Movie

NEAR DARK
The original FRIGHT NIGHT is great. Remake was decent, especially the scene of rescuing a female victim!
30 DAYS OF NIGHT
UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION
THE NIGHT STALKER

LET THE RIGHT ONE IN is great. I actually refused to see the American remake, LET ME IN, for over a year, until I realized the girl from KICK-ASS! was in it. I really liked it, though it lacked the "cat attack" scene. They source the same book, so they are near identical in storyline. Certainly, the American version is no more necessary than THE GRUDGE, THE RING, QUARANTINE and every other American remake of foreign films. That doesn't make any of them bad, but they are copies.

NEAR DARK
The original FRIGHT NIGHT is great. Remake was decent, especially the scene of rescuing a female victim!
30 DAYS OF NIGHT
UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION
THE NIGHT STALKER

LET THE RIGHT ONE IN is great. I actually refused to see the American remake, LET ME IN, for over a year, until I realized the girl from KICK-ASS! was in it. I really liked it, though it lacked the "cat attack" scene. They source the same book, so they are near identical in storyline. Certainly, the American version is no more necessary than THE GRUDGE, THE RING, QUARANTINE and every other American remake of foreign films. That doesn't make any of them bad, but they are copies.

Oh yeah, those are good ones. I haven't seen the remake of Fright Night yet. I guess I better see Let Me In. Oh, that just made me think of The Night Flyer. I happened to catch it on lat night TV a while back. I didn't see the whole thing, but it didn't seem too bad.

I guess I better see Let Me In.

Hi, Richy!

I think Ray will kill me if I don't recommend that you watch the Swedish version, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, first! :lol: Watch the original language track instead of the dubbed English, as the acting is very good.

Hi, Richy!

I think Ray will kill me if I don't recommend that you watch the Swedish version, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, first! :lol: Watch the original language track instead of the dubbed English, as the acting is very good.

:lol:

Oh that Ray! Thanks, man. I totally agree that's the order to watch them in. But don't worry. I have seen Let the Right One In. But your praise of Let Me In helps to encourage me to see it. You know, I haven't read hardly any reviews of the original. I don't know if it's been mentioned. But isn't the story of Let the Right One In a lot like
The Hunger? But that is not at all a criticism. They put their own spin on it, of course. But both involve a vampire that seems to need a mortal companion/helper (a ghoul in World of Darkness terms, if you're familiar with WoD). But boy, that ending in which she gives those bullies what they deserve in LtROI is pretty damn satisfying, isn't it?
:)

Horror of Dracula is the 1st and best of the hammer dracula films. Lee actually has alot of lines in this movie..but with each sequel less and less lines....a few even had none at all for Lee

Lost Boys......."The only problem with califorina is all the goddam vampires"

Love Blade 2 esp the reapers..great twist and concept........"Your about a cunt hair away of getting your ass kicked!"

Salems Lot..its been a really long time since ive seen it tho, but it did spook me.

Oh! the Spanish verision of Dracula...i really like this movie!..made at the same time on the same sets as lugosi Dracula but way superior. and their renifield steals the dhow..its a must watch!!

Last edited:
Back