Favourite Vampire Movie

Easily the best IMO. Second place is tough. Interview was pretty good. I prefer movies about people who kill vampires to movies about vampires, so I'm not really the target demo. I'd really like to see a series about killing vampires, or a good movie about killing a vampire or vampires.

Like Buffy the Vampire Slayer??:)

I have a combo VHS and DVD collection of Hammer Horror Vampire movies. Lust For A Vampire, Brides Of Dracula, Twins Of Evil, and some more. Seven Golden Vampires is another, if I got the title right. It is the first vampire martial arts movie made in Hong Kong.

I definitely don't go looking for Vampire films because they don't exactly flip my pancake, but I would say my favorite is From Dusk Till Dawn. If you go into it without having no idea what it's about, your flabber will be gasted.

Stephen Sommers' VAN HELSING
:lol:
I sure do like a fun story.

And just to indicate I'm not a complete moron, I prefer LET THE RIGHT ONE IN heads and shoulders over LET ME IN (blecht!).

Can't exactly say I've seen a lot of vampire movies. But Interview with a Vampire is a movie I really really enjoy. From Dusk Till Dawn was also really different and fun.

But you can't talk vampire without talking True Blood. One of the best TV series. Period. And better than any vampire anything I've ever seen.

Blade and Blade Trinity were great. As as far as series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I really like Supernatural but they kill more than just vampires.

My favorite, and Im not a foreign film guy, is Russian.

"Night Watch"
The squeal "Day Watch"l is equally as good.

Inspired much of what I WANT to do.

We own Interview with the Vampire, Bram Stoker's Dracula, and Lost Boys.

The Hunger is still Tony Scott's best film, IMO.

Wheat's Russian Night/Day Watch movies were pretty wild.

But as far as classic quotes go, nothing beats Love At First Bite. :lol:

"That's so kinky...are you biting me?"

Poor ghetto family chasing Dracula in bat form: "Come back, black chicken! Leave us an egg or something!"

Girlfriend: "How about a quickie?"
Dracula: "With you, never a quickie. Always a longie."

Secretary: "Or what, you'll eat your lunch in my office?"
Renfield (opening his lunch pail to reveal a giant spider): "No. My lunch will eat you."

Van Helsing (holding up Star of David): "What do you think of that, count!"
Dracula: "I think you should find yourself a nice Jewish girl."

And those are just from memory! :lol:

I did enjoy the Fright Night remake. Colin Farrell was fantastic in that (as was David Tennant). Loved the original, which has one of the single most iconic film posters of my misspent youth. LOVED it!

Ooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't know if this will be good or not, but give me the beautiful Kate Beckinsale in tight, black whatever-that-is, (or nakie lying on the floor in smoke stuff) kicking ass, and I'm a happy fanboy. Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUcrbUCWKQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmH7p3OsyZM

#1 for me is also Interview with a Vampire. I have loved most (but not all) of the books. I thought Neil Jordan et al actually made one of the most faithful but still excellant and wonderful adaptations of a book ever. As a big fan of the book, I left the theater on opening night feeling mostly (but not totally of course) satisfied and exhilarated.

Below that I'm not sure how I'd rate them in descending order. But ones I like include:

Underworld I and II (though II wasn't quite as good as I) as well as Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

Bram Stoker's Dracula.

The Hunger.

Shadow of the Vampire.

Near Dark (though last time I watched it I was feeling like maybe it hadn't held up too well for me).

Let the Right One In (I haven't seen the American re-make).

Ravenous, if we can make the case that it's at least half vampire movie or even belongs in the vampire category, in which case it would be near the top of my list.

There was one called The Addiction (1995) which I can hardly remember but which I think I thought was different but pretty decent. Christopher Walken has a small but cool role in it. Heeeee. I haven't seen it since perhaps 1995 or '6. I'd like to see it again.

I also haven't seen Lifeforce since forever. I wonder how that would hold up.

There must be others.

Last edited:
Back