Entertainment vs. Artistic Expression

BTW, Tyree Guyton's art frightens me and supposedly the city of Detroit. I think that means it's working :)

Oh, well. If it doesn't piss someone off, its not art! :D

He has gone around the world on the strength of his art. Still, I don't know what I think of a yard full of vacuum cleaners....

-- spinner :cool:

I've always felt that being creative is an act unto itself. We are compelled as a human race to create things. When we do so masterfully, we have made art...

Art is something we pursue and hope to catch. Its pursuit is an addiction that we just can't shake. It is elusive, but amazing when we get it right.

Which, if you're lucky, happens maybe a couple of times in your life.

I'm not talking about success necessarily, but rather, something that fulfills everything you could ever want out of an artistic venture you devote everything you have (or damn close to everything) to.

Speaking as the quite the newbie filmmaker, my foray into this first was one of those "hey, listen I'm a character and I have a story" ideas that comes into your head at 2 in the morning. While I don't think financially it's going to be successful(unless I a happen to have that dream a lot of people here have where a big name studio catches your work and says "Sign him/her up!"*l*), it is already successful to me because it helped me understand and accept a part of myself that I've struggled with for years.

I guess to me the whole act of the creation and seeing the final product is success in itself. Anything after that is just gravy(the expensive kind:))

Last edited:
Back