Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

Shame this teaser doesn't really offer us anything in the way of what to expect from the film.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing this. Should be good.

Nolan's trailers usually don't reveal much about the films. However, where this not a Nolan film I doubt anyone would be so excited for this.

I'm not any more or any less excited for this film after seeing the teaser, it simply did nothing for me.

How funny that people aren't feeling it.

I'm generally fairly sceptical about releasing teasers before there's proper footage on the table, and I also think that Nolan is a tad on the overrated side.

But, on the other hand, I thought that was a brilliant trailer and am now totally excited for the film. They wouldn't need to release any other trailer for me, I'm sold on that one.

Looks like this is going to be Nolan's "Signs"

How can you predict that Nolan is going to begin to use elements and styles from his past body of work, and begin to overuse them in future pieces to come resulting in a downward spiral for his career? The trailer gives us very little info on the tone, pacing, quality, and characters of the film. Which leaves us little room for prediction and discussion aside from comments on those involved in the project, and the lack of information given to us through the trailer.

I am interested in seeing what Nolan can accomplish in a time travel film because I enjoy stories related to time travel. What drew me to Inception is the concept of dreams, another subject that interests me.

If Nolan did a straight forward romantic comedy I don't know if I would be interested in seeing him tackle that genre.

How can you predict that Nolan is going to begin to use elements and styles from his past body of work, and begin to overuse them in future pieces to come resulting in a downward spiral for his career? The trailer gives us very little info on the tone, pacing, quality, and characters of the film. Which leaves us little room for prediction and discussion aside from comments on those involved in the project, and the lack of information given to us through the trailer.

I can tell because the titles suck.

Yeah, it reveals so little, or so much. I'm not sure which. I saw the teaser for the first time today on an IMAX and it was pretty stirring, actually. That star field at the end looked amazing on the IMAX, but disappointingly underwhelming on a PC screen. If it is another global warming warning film, then I don't think I'm interested. If instead it's about what the teaser seems to suggest it's about: carrying on the spirit and the reality of the Space Age and space exploration, then I'm all in...so far.

Anyone else love the score for the teaser? Good stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah, it reveals so little, or so much. I'm not sure which. I saw the teaser for the first time today on an IMAX and it was pretty stirring, actually. That star field at the end looked amazing on the IMAX, but disappointingly underwhelming on a PC screen. If it is another global warming warning film, then I don't think I'm interested. If instead it's about what the teaser seems to suggest it's about: carrying on the spirit and the reality of the Space Age and space exploration, then I'm all in...so far.

Sounds like a mixture of a science fiction wormhole traveling type thing movie hinting at themes such as climate change.

Anyone else love the score for the teaser? Good stuff.

:yes:

How many shots from this trailer are from the actual film? Maybe 5 or 6.

Monologue and score were enticing, kinda wish there was more to offer in terms of visuals and actual film footage.

The advertising budget must be pretty large, to be starting out a full year in advance. :bag:

There is a barrage of blockbusters coming in 2014:
The Hunger Games 3, Transformers 4, The Hobbit 3, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Fast & Furious 7, X-Men Prequel 2, Spiderman Reboot 2, Captain America 2, Planet Of The Apes Prequel 2, Rio 2, Godzilla Reboot, Noah, Edge Of Tomorrow, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reboot, 300 2, Robotcop Reboot and more.

Notice how most of them are reboots or sequels. I bet they HAVE to advertise this heavily and keep everyone informed that this film exists. Because from all these big budget films coming in 2014, more than a couple will bomb in the box office and it's easier to bomb when you are not a franchise already.

Back