anyone watching the new Project Greenlight

I wouldn't call it a letdown.. the premiere was set back, because of the divorce between the two companies, but Bob & Harvey liked the film a lot, and took it along with a handful (4 I think) others to their new company. Sounds like they were going to put more money into it and everything else too. In my opinion it turned into a real 'Cinderella' story. The script and director nobody really thought would work out ended up being better than even the few who believed in it thought it would be. That works for me.

I saw some of the episodes at the beginning and the last one where they started showing it to people while in rough cut... I have to say that Gulager has come a long way and impressed me. While his personality is something I do not care for, the finished product looks like it will be great. Everyone that saw the rough, liked it... I can't wait to actually see "Feast" for myself and make my own judgement.

This season also showed you how different personalities do NOT mesh. If you don't like the way he was or one of the others in the show were, then make sure you're not like them. I think the show is great and helps show the somewhat real world of studio filmmaking... maybe ;}

I dunno, I think I agree with Gorman here...it was almost like a huge buildup to a letdown. Suddenly, the Mirimax (Dimension)-Disney divorce, along with the story problems that became apparent with the film and will require some reshoots.

But overall, I'm happy to see the studio enthusiastic about the movie and their willingness to put more money into perfecting it. Now it's going to be released in what, December? I'll go see it, probably. And it does look like Gulager has earned the respect of the producers and the studio.

He got his shot, and made a pretty good run of it.

Yeah, my disappointment was in the final episode as TV entertainment...sort of like a movie that has a lame ending. They tried to build up the Miramax/Disney divorce thing, but it didn't work for me as conflict...thus there was none, as as we all know, no conflict, no story. I think my feeling at the end was "so what?" I mean, sure, I'm curious as to seeing the film, but overall the series (as TV entertainment...again) was boring. In hindsite, the damn casting director, who I still feel needs to be taken out back and put to death (no really, I do...and we can do that in Connecticut now!), provided the show with it's only real moments of interest.

Heh heh...I'd buy a ticket for that! But really, wouldn't lethal injection be a little TOO kind to her? I was thinking it would be more appropriate to make her a real-life special effect in the movie, if you catch my drift. Sort of poetic justice.

I'm curious to see what other projects Gulager and the writers get. I'll check in on IMDB later to see if their names pop up on anything else. And now I can erase all my tapes of the show, because ultimately, it ain't quite worth saving.

YouAreAloneMOVIE said:
Yeah, my disappointment was in the final episode as TV entertainment...sort of like a movie that has a lame ending. They tried to build up the Miramax/Disney divorce thing, but it didn't work for me as conflict...thus there was none, as as we all know, no conflict, no story. I think my feeling at the end was "so what?" I mean, sure, I'm curious as to seeing the film, but overall the series (as TV entertainment...again) was boring. .

...it kind of seems that you are looking at this as a piece of fiction and not reality tv. If the end isn't exciting, well, isn't that just how it ends? You can't make the ending more than it was. It would be nice to see 'Feast' as the big hit everyone hopes it will be, but the reality seems to be that they have a film that they are trying to get out there and we won't know how it ends until it gets into the theaters....

--spinner

No, I honestly believe great reality TV (most seasons of Survivor, for example), are exciting throughout. I just feel the editing/directing of the series, especially toward the end was lame. I do think a good editor/director (or the program) could have made it at least a little more exciting...

Or, since this is supposed to be about filmmaking...show us the the reshoots...show us what happens next. Delay putting the show on the air so the story can be complete.

It was just bad TV...and for that I blame the people who made the program for not being able to find and/or tell the story in a compelling way.

A good director can make anything,a two hour documentary about eating every day at McDonalds for example, exciting.

http://www.YouAreAlone.com

Back