• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Accidental Art, shot on the Red

Newbie question--why is indie gogo.com taboo on this site?

I can understand it. The whole site can feel like SPAM if everyone is just posting asking for money all the time. If they allowed it, then there would be tons of filmmakers and other people doing the "hit and run" posts asking for cash.

Well, that was gorgeous.
And I'm a sucker for behind the scenes videos.

Then dig this one....from the PBS show FRAMELINES:
http://www.openfilm.com/videos/framelines-accidental-art-feature-story

Has an interview with the D.P. Greg Sabo, and he talks about our high contrast look, and there's a ton of new footage from the shoot itself.

Brilliant job, the visuals are stunning and the audio is on point! You definitely have my support with this!

Good look with making it into a feature :)

Man i wish the audio on the college pc's was working, i had a quick look at the short and it looked visually superb, i watched the whole behind the scenes thing anyway because i love seeing the setups :) I'll re-watch it all when i get home. Well done on getting in to all of the festivals too, you deserve it from what i've seen so far

Brilliant job, the visuals are stunning and the audio is on point! You definitely have my support with this!

Thanks, but the audio is a bit of a weak link on this movie. I did not (at the time) have the resources to clean the audio up properly and we never did a 5.1 surround mix or anything. The feature film will DEFINITELY not take the audio for granted. I want a clean good mix for the sound. It's essential that the sound be as crisp, clean, and appropriate as the visuals. Depending on the speakers you play this short on, the more obvious the minor flaws (but still flaws) the audio track has here.

The music is amazing from Bill Wandel.

Well done on getting in to all of the festivals too, you deserve it from what i've seen so far

Thanks, but I think you're in the minority on feeling I "deserve" anything...It's all subjective. I make movies, I promote them and screen them.

getitmade.jpg

HOLY COW!!!! ACCIDENTAL ART is a TOP TEN FINALIST in the GET IT MADE COMPETITION on OPENFILM.COM!!!!!!

http://www.openfilm.com/studio/2/

Now they top ten will be judged by Film Legends JAMES CAAN, ROBERT DUVALL, MARK RYDELL, and also Scott Caan from Hawaii 5-0.

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

450 grand! Good luck! Your film is a good one, smooth all-around, good acting, cinematography, lighting. You deserve it dude.:)

Congrats sonnyboo on this achievement. Excellent news, man. Best wishes for exceptional luck and success in the next phase.

Sah-weeeeeet!!!

I loved the film itself, but being completely, brutally honest, I highly disliked the music. It was good, I just feel it doesn't fit...

I loved the film itself, but being completely, brutally honest, I highly disliked the music. It was good, I just feel it doesn't fit...

I prefer the brutal honesty to the platitudes or politeness if it be disingenuous. Never feel bad about having an honest opinion and sharing it.

It's entirely subjective, and you are entitled to your opinion. I respect that it didn't for you, but I can say that it set the perfect tone for my intent, so I am pleased with the music.

That's the beauty of any movie is that whatever works for some people may utterly fail for others, whether it's the camera work, performances, editing, or music. That's kind of one of the miracles of all art is the way different people interpret the work itself. I absolutely do not mind when someone doesn't like a movie or some aspect of mine. It's a fact of any movie.

Big Congratulations on this! Even if you don't win it's amazing exposure and you should definitely try and utilise this forward momentum immediately...

To me it did set a mood, but not one that I would usually connect to death, or firearms. Possibly because I' very use to firearms.

Back