What to do for Birthday???

Hey all,

Just looking for some input on this. In May I'll be turning 15, and My parents have given me two choices for my birthday from the list i gave them. they said i could either have:

1.) My Book Premium Edition 320gb HDD (Firewire) and 2 Gigs of RAM for my PC, or

2.) A Zoom H2 recorder and an Azden Mic

So, which one should i choose? I'm using my Panasonic GS320 (which has no mic input due to some moron at pani not thinking straight, even though it IS 3CCDs) so i dont know whether to go with upgrading my sound for my movies or upgrading my alienware area-51 pc to 3Gigs of Ram and an extra HDD just for my films?

All input is appreaciated!

Go for the mic. Hard Drives and memory are VERY inexpensive these days. So you could easily upgrade those at any time with a little money. But you need good audio if you're doing any significant film work.

Man...makes me wish I had gotten into filmmaking at that age.

I was definitely a film junkie at that point...and I had designs on screenwriting...I just never made the leap.

And I'd definitely get that mic as well.

Thanks guys, I think I'll go for the audio equipment.

But, will syncing the audio from the h2 and my video be hard???

You guys wouldn't happen to know of and tutorials for syncing, would you?

just need to clap something (clapboard, hands, pen on table) that can be both seen and heard. The words on the clapboard are spoken as well for reference when synching up the audio in post.

Back