• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Meet the Boys

Okay, here it is, ya jackalls. Your one-and-only early clip of "Antihero". This is as rough as rough can be. All audio is in-cam (there's a shot or two in which you can't hear what's being said). It needs color-correction. A couple shots need to be cropped (yes, I see that boom). The shaky handheld needs to be smoothed-out (God, I'm so glad that's even possible). Anyway, yeah, this is rough. Only posting it on here to satiate some people's curiosity. Not looking for critiques, but if you really wanna offer critique, I will listen.

Back before I started post-production, I thought it'd be fun to toss out some complete scenes, with sound edited, color-correction, all that. Yeah, now that I'm back to a full-time "day-job", while trying to finish this beast, I see that those fun little previews just ain't gonna happen. This is it. No more previews for a few more months.

Anyway, here's your introduction to Pork Rind and Weezie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfHTnPlRJVg

Last edited:
That ROCKS!

I can't write too much now - going into a meeting before I go to bed but I'll listen through a magnifying glass tomorrow!

G'night!!

Haha, "shit shrapnel" is brilliant. Might have to nick that.

Can't wait to see the finished thing Cracker, s'looking good :)

Some great shots Cracker! Not really critique as grading can probs fix it but 0:21 seems a bit over exposed?

Cool. I really like your actors' reading. Normally not the case when you see young actors in indie films.

Is the curious george plug intentional or are you going to blur that out?

Oh Yeah!

If the rest of the film equals or exceeds this level of acting, and if you can correct the technical issues (I know you're aware of them), this augurs VERY well for a big success, Funk. I can vouch for the quality of the story and script since I had the honor to read it.

I am extremely excited by this!

(Will there be cats?)

Thanks, everybody!

NathanH, the overexposure at 0:21 is very intentional. Thanks, though.

Dready, that's not my car. The first truck they were in is ours, and the last car they're in is ours, the rest were just random people's cars, parked in the burbs (and we only had permission to touch one of them). So, no, the Curious George shout out wasn't on purpose, and I didn't notice it on shooting day. I'll have to contact them for permission, or blur it out.

Charles, there are no cats. In the end, I decided that it's a silly film, so it needed a silly theme. The theme is now wrapped around Shawn Kemp, and although it's kinda silly, I think it fits rather nicely.

Last edited:
Was the casual dialogue scripted or opened for improv? It seemed very fluid & natural. I liked it.

Btw, who is that reflected in the one fellow's glasses, on the, "Did you just say floppy?" line?

Looks like a fun project you have here. :cool:

Was the casual dialogue scripted or opened for improv? It seemed very fluid & natural. I liked it.

Btw, who is that reflected in the one fellow's glasses, on the, "Did you just say floppy?" line?

Looks like a fun project you have here. :cool:

Thanks!

To answer your first question -- both. In this particular scene, the vast majority of it was scripted. However, I gave my actors not just permission, but encouragement to rewrite dialogue any time it needed it. And they did so, often. When they rewrote, though, it was from improv during rehearsal, then we would find something that we liked, and stick with it -- there was very little improv while shooting (although, there are two scenes that are 100% improv, and hilarious). In this particular scene, the "shit-shrapnel" line was originally written as "poo-particle", but the actor changed it in rehearsal. Also, the bit about calling their secretaries to form a committee meeting -- that was improved in rehearsal. Everything else is pretty much verbatim from the script.

Hah! The reflection -- it's me! But I love this shot, so I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope that most of the audience doesn't notice.

I'll be posting a trailer, and an extended-preview (Indietalk exclusive) in December. Cheers!

Back