How to get $3000?

Hey all, I'm just thinking of ways to raise 3 grand over the next year or two. I want to buy the camera of my dreams (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=WishList.jsp&A=details&Q=&sku=351515&is=REG) and I just can't think of how I can raise that much money. If any of you have any constructive ideas on how to raise 3 grand over the course of about a year please tell.

I was thinking about a job (shocker!) but i don't know what are some good jobs that could net me that kind of money for a person in their mid teens?

Well...you could sell stuff on Ebay....

I dunno. It's tough to get that kind of money together at that age.

You may just have to go ahead, get a job, and start saving up.

It sucks, but it's better than nothing.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/444424-REG/JVC_GYHD110U_JVC_GYHD110U_Professional_HDV.html

This is just an extra grand ;) And looks way cooler on a set. That Sony is pretty nice too though. I like the DoF on the bigger CMOS chip better. More control (2/3" is about the same as a 16mm camera, 1/3 - like the Canon XL2 and the Panny HVX - are about the same as an 8mm).

This will make you drool even more though: http://www.red.com as an actual super 35mm digital camera.

Job would be good for this...expecially now that you don't have to pay for a mortgage or rent or insurance...etc...

ya i figure I'll just go ahead and get a job. I do have one thing to sell on ebay- It's a meteorite (confirmed) that I found using a metal detector. I heard they can sell for a couple hundred. It's a start lol.

Do you have a camera right now? Can you make movies while you
save for the Sony?

Do you have a camera right now? Can you make movies while you
save for the Sony?

Yeah I do. And that is exactly what I am planning on doing.

Right now I have the Panasonic GS320. I got some accessories (Tele, Wide, Lens hood, etc.) and such but the only bad thing is there is no mic input. But is has awesome picture. (It is 3CCD)

I'd second the recomendation for the JVC 110. I shot a feature with the sony ZU1 (older cousin to the FX-1, and actually we started production with the FX-1) and right now I am shooting a short with the 110. Its a much better camera, cleaner image and less hassle on set. The only problem is it is very front heavy, especially if you tack on matte box/rods/follow focus/handles. that makes it difficult to balance on a jib, and especially so on a steadycam.

The FX1 has a strange feature that can't be turned off where it will auto iris if a highlight gets too hot. Very unapealing, very anoying. the dynamic range and skin tones are better with the 110 as well. Plus the lens quality is a reason to buy the 110 over the FX1 just by itself. Also the mic inputs on the FX1 are woefully inaddequate and non-professional. The 110 compresses only 24fps, with no extra frames/pulldown compared to the FX-1 (upressed) 1440x1080 non-square pixel 60i (with 24f emulator). That means that per pixel the 110 has about 1/2 the compression ratio. With the quality of lenses a camera in that range has, you really don't need 1080.

For the short I am working on now, we found one slightly used (20 drum hours) for 3500.

Back