Any Australians?

There's a couple that I know of, on here.

A few years back there was a tidal wave of them!

If it counts, I spent a lot of time in your hometown when I was younger. :cool:

Nope, never heard of 'em. On a sidenote, I do believe "Townsville" is the most creative name I've ever heard of for a city.

"Hey, guys, what should we call this place?"

"Mmm, I dunno, it's a pretty nice town, maybe we should just call it 'Town'".

"Nahh, that's too generic. How about 'Town City'"?

"I like you're thinking, but I think 'Townburgh' is better"!

"Townsville"!!!

Ha well it was actually founded by a guy called Robert Towns would you believe. Zensteve what did you get up to while you were here?

I know of several just off-hand.

But I don't want to "out" them.

They get really sensitive to penal-colony jokes, etc.

Maybe, some day, the world will be safe and discrimination against people who eat roo-meat and Vegemite will be a thing of the past.

Hell, I'm not afraid to out Insert_Cliche_Here (Brisbane). It's a matter of public record, and she needs to get her ass back here!!1

hi mcgrinstead,

hi mate i am an aussie based in melbourne

i am a gaffer/grip so everyone feel free to give me a hard time
i am used to it........

was up your way a couple of years ago working on charlie and boots....man how do you handle that humidity........was never happier to get back to the cold south..

cheers

Ha well it's not soo bad, it's actually a bit chilly here now. I have never been as far down as Melbourne, was in Sydney a couple of years back and that was nice and breezy.

Ha ha cool beans. Can't say I'm a Metallica fan by any stretch, but I know of some people who will definitely be going. Be safe :) I do like Enter Sandman and Master of Puppets though, those are pretty awesome songs

Melbournian here.

Which kinda saves me the bother of making a thread about something... where would one go to volunteer to be a worker on set in Melbourne? I literally just want to do whatever odd-jobs I can do to help out so I can see how it all works. I figure there must be volunteer positions with everyone and their dog wanting to get into the industry.

hi ddk,
for some on set work contact the film schools (v.c.a.,r.m.i.t, deakin etc) their students have to make several films for their courses over the course of the year and are always looking for willing hands.

they usually use professional people in key positions (dop, grip, gaffer) so you get to work with industry people.

they dont pay but you get time on sets and be involved in the business, a chance to network and build up contacts.

knowledge is not important but enthusiasm is ....a great way to start in the business.

cheers
darty

Back