Your Favourite Opening Scene

I'm a big believer in capturing an audiences attention with a great opening scene that sets the stage for the rest of the movie. I find a lot of movies let me down in this area by doing something flashy rather than something clever or related to the story.

My favourite opening scene of all time is Lord of War. The initial dialogue and then the follow-up montage from the perspective of a bullet. It's not only visually awesome but it speaks to the entire theme of the film and sets everything up for what's to come. The sound is amazing too, at least in my noob opinion.

So, what are your favourite opening scenes?

The opening of Watchmen is one of my favorite moments of cinema. Just perfect. Also, the opening of Susperia and Legend are among my favorites.

Lord of War is a solid film, all the way through, good call on that!

Bram Stoker's Dracula for sure. I don't know if it's held up over time, but the opening of X2 was literally jaw-dropping for me. I mean, that's how thrilling cinema can be. That's what I'm sure we all hope for from a movie. When Nightcrawler is teleporting all around the White House like that my jaw dropped, I got goose bumps...unexpected and totally thrilling at the time.

the dark knight rises.. hands down best openers iv ever seen it was more special on the cinema screen vs blu-ray what a way to start a film.

Back