Yay, got a job!

I'm an Information Receptionist with the USDA Forestry Service at the Hudson Meng Bison Bone Bed in NW Nebraska... basically, a tour guide. I did my archaeology field school at this very site, so have quite a bit of deeper knowledge about it from having to study it so heavily and contextualize it within the greater geography and ecology of the region. I'll be out there from Memorial day weekend through Labor day.

Here's some pictures I took in 3D using a $60 point and shoot digital camera (some are better than others as they were experiments at the time):

bb1-glyph.jpg

bb2-glyph.jpg

bb3-glyph.jpg

bb4-glyph.jpg

Congrats!

You're one of the most helpful and knowledgeable guys I know. The tourists will love you.

Hope you'll still have time for this forum though.

Congrats!

You're one of the most helpful and knowledgeable guys I know. The tourists will love you.

Hope you'll still have time for this forum though.

Plenty of time, but next to no access:

Google Maps Coords for the site... it's a bit off the beaten path, if it's raining or has been, the roads can be a bit wonky as well: 42.828634,-103.60153

not a bad day job to have. I see a Jurasic Park meets dances with wolves script in your future..

congrats on procurement of income producing activities that are both ethical and legal. Dont forget to hand out pinkslips to your hos tonight as you cruise your territory in that big ol Lincoln sittin all blingy with your Huggie Bear hat.

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS. Jobs are so hard to come by nowadays.

The job I'm at now is great. It's run by emotional Italians. One of the managers was SCREAMING at me, because I put a wrong item on an order. So, he's yelling, and finally I told him to shut up. My boss comes to me, and says "Who the hell you think you're yelling out. Get out of here." So, I left.

The problem is I'm the one that does all the work. So, come Monday morning the shit hits the fan. 9:30 I get a call, "George, we're sorry. We really like the way you work, would you come back please". I could only laugh.

CONGRATULATIONS. Jobs are so hard to come by nowadays.

The job I'm at now is great. It's run by emotional Italians. One of the managers was SCREAMING at me, because I put a wrong item on an order. So, he's yelling, and finally I told him to shut up. My boss comes to me, and says "Who the hell you think you're yelling out. Get out of here." So, I left.

The problem is I'm the one that does all the work. So, come Monday morning the shit hits the fan. 9:30 I get a call, "George, we're sorry. We really like the way you work, would you come back please". I could only laugh.

Lol

Did you try and negotiate a raise when they called back?

Is the USDA dept of achaeology? If so, I didn't know there was one, or is it dept of Agriculture?
Sounds like an awesome job. Congrats, I'm jealous.

Back