World Filmmaker Day!

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
August 22nd is World Filmmaker Day! What will you be doing for WFD?

\:D/

chasm4u said:
working 12 hours on my day job in order to make my art!!!

It'll only be 10 for me :) Gearing up for vacation next week - hoping to get some creative work done on my laptop, then...

Actually meeting people to set-up for a new movie that I'm doing in the beginning of the year which is an adaptation from an internationally known Hong Kong martial arts movie entitled "The Five Deadly Venoms".
Which one of the stars is a good friend and was a martial arts teacher of mines.
So my day is about networking.
Has anyone seen a ten minute piece called "Batman Dead End"?
it's what the dark hero should be like and it's great.
They put it together on a $30.000 budget it's awesome.

Director1

Director1 said:
Actually meeting people to set-up for a new movie that I'm doing in the beginning of the year which is an adaptation from an internationally known Hong Kong martial arts movie entitled "The Five Deadly Venoms".
Which one of the stars is a good friend and was a martial arts teacher of mines.
So my day is about networking.

Director1

Good luck! :wink:

Director1 said:

Cool...I saw that about a year or so ago...along with the sequel (Return of the Five Deadly Venoms, but alternately called I think, Crippled Avengers)

Director1 said:

Yeah...it's a pretty neat short...

You can still find it on-line...

Batman: Dead End

Chester how's it going?
Good to hear from people who know the movie "The Five Deadly Venoms"
Now Crippled Avengers is not a sequel, it just stars the same cast and
they have done about 15-15 movies together actually.
My adaptation which I will be starting to script will be a movie plotted somewhat similar but not the same.
Also I'm trying to get my teacher to actually play the teacher in the movie
he played the guy called the Toad in with the muscular body"The Five Deadly Venoms" we speak often when he calls me from Hong Kong.
Also I was suppose to bring and one of the other cast members over here about 6 months ago to talk a deal about a movie concept I had but the Sars scare frightened by investors so they pulled out... the bums.
But I'm doing this movie on my own and bringing in some of my friends
from other Asian movies to help out like Vincent Lin who co-starred with Jackie Chan in "Operation Condor" he played the guy that Jackie fought against with the burn on his face and some young new talent that will amaze some people when they see them.
So keep a look out for news on this forum concerning my project.
And "Batman Dead End" was an awesome project to attempt.
Director1

Back