• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch WICKERMAN - teaser clip

** SCROLL DOWN TO SEE NEW CLIP **

Go figure. Another project with fire. I can't quit you, flames! :angry:

Still have more to shoot for the 2nd part of this video, but here's a very short clip from the footage we shot at the beginning of July. The editing is slow going, I'm having fun. The real trick will be getting the levels adjusted for YouTube and Vimeo.

Shooters: Brian Luce, Steven Richards (ZenSteve), yours truly.
Cameras: GH2, HV40, HV20

Lots more to do, tip of the iceberg... enjoy.

Info about the masks, etc. at this thread http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=31516

Last edited:
Thanks y'all. The footage we have yet to capture is sans full band and more about the singer being taunted by the masked figures out in the woods. Goal is to have 5 music videos and a few shorts by year's end, then I'd like to promote a new "show reel" in ernest. Would be nice if these little sparks turned into fire. Fire!

Editing is under way. Feels good to see some results take shape in the form of a rough cut. Aiming for a full version by end of week.

wickerman-rock.png

Don't know about you folks, but once I get "in the zone" with editing, minutes turn into hours and it's not until 3:30 when I realize I'm still in my slippers and haven't had lunch. :P Fun!

OK, 2nd draft. Still more to do, but it's getting closer (I think.) May have crushed the blacks a bit more than necessary. Let me know what you think.

http://vimeo.com/29443994
password: draft2

I did remove a few of the "dip to whites" and want to replace a few more with that transition that blows out the hot spots. What's that transition/effect called? Could I use a lens flare?

Also, the audio in the very beginning isn't part of the song so that might be swapped out.

Burn baby, burn.

Outstanding! The color looks fine to me from here as a style. Pacing is great and it really kicks toward the end. Cool song, too.

Thanks buddy. It is a good song. I think it will win people over. Listen to it more than three times and you'll be humming it the rest of the day. It's got ups, downs, slow, fast, and ends with big dramatic rock.

I've got mixed feelings about the new color. It looks good right now, but the colors in the old incarnation were beautiful as I recall. I kind of missed them. And the original movie was highly saturated no? If you stay with the bleach bypass look, I think the last shots of Tym aren't corrected yet, they look like they're in the old color profile.

The shot of the girl on the rock with the fire background should be on the CD cover. Total coolness.

VERY nice poster :)

I am impressed that you managed to, in three minutes, do a better job retelling the story than Neil LaBute did in 102!

haha. thanks Josh. I'm so smitten with the original and have heard nothing but boos and hisses about the remake, I'll just have to take your word for it!
Who knows? Maybe I'll get a shot at the remake of the remake? ;)

Oh, do watch the remake. It's a blast. The original is one of my favorite movies ever. The remake is definitely in my top 10 funny bad movies. All the boos and hisses are merited, but if you have a certain sense of humor, it's fantastic!

Back