Why do directors/producers make changes to their scripts if actor's leave?

I had a video posted on there which the settings were set to 'private', but chimp hacked into it so that any could watch it with the link. I don't appreciate people hacking my videos that I set to private for certain people to see.

I just checked your channel. You just took the videos off.

The videos posted now say "This video has been removed by the user".

It's true, I saw the whole thing! H44 posted an unrelated video in a thread in which he was testing an aerial shot, or something like that. When I was finished watching that video, one of the youtube recommended videos happened to be H44's full movie! There was even some raw footage (a separate clip), so I got to see his directorial style!

I'm not gonna say I downloaded anything, but I'll admit that I sure as heck felt the temptation.

Chimp, the movies you found were not the full movie. He removed it a long time ago, after I commented (in that test-footage thread) about having watched it. The version you saw (which he has now since removed) did not contain the climactic finale (and it's quite the climactic finale).

I wish we could see it. I didn't think the two shorts H44 did were actually that bad. The Film Riot Monday Challenge submission was actually very good.

Then how did you enable people to see it, when it was set to 'private' this whole time?

No it wasn't. I went to one of your older threads, and clicked on one of your test videos. I went to your channel, and found two films. I didn't enable it, I just clicked on the videos.

I would never hack you. I don't even know how to hack. You just removed your videos, and tried to make it look like I hacked into your channels. Don't do that. One of us could get in trouble with the almighty IndieTalk :bow:

Please don't lie.

Also, I thought your videos were pretty good. Why did you delete them?

No I removed the videos because I was lead to believe they were hacked. They were set to private before, now all of a sudden anyone on indietalk can view them. So I removed them because the privacy feature on youtube was not working, so I had great deal to believe it was hacked.

I checked youtube, and it was still set to private. I go back to indietalk, and you can still view them from here. So that is why I removed them, cause the privacy was not working on this thread. So I thought they were hacked therefore.

How old are we?

If harmonica44 doesn't want to show us his work then that's his choice. If he doesn't want his work displayed and analysed on an unrelated thread, then I can understand entirely. It is his right as a filmmaker to decide if and when he shows his work, and we should all respect that.

How old are we?

If harmonica44 doesn't want to show us his work then that's his choice. If he doesn't want his work displayed and analysed on an unrelated thread, then I can understand entirely. It is his right as a filmmaker to decide if and when he shows his work, and we should all respect that.

I agree. I saw it when it was publicly listed. I didn't make any special effort to find it, it was hotlinked after I watched a video that he posted here. If he didn't want me to see it, that's his bad, not mine. I do think he should release it, but only for the benefit of cast/crew.

In his defense, I actually have a video that I keep semi-private. If anybody asks to see it, I oblige, but the listing isn't public. So I get it. Not everything we make is gonna be awesome.

I got plenty of goofy sh!t things on my FowlEggs channel no one else needs to see.
'taint big whup.

H, start a new channel (I have about six), keep your test-test stuff there, and keep the YT channel all to yourself to save you from this sort of debacle. K? :)

How old are we?

I wasn't trying to analyze and display H44's shorts, I was trying to find the film Cracker Funk was talking about. I remembered seeing test videos on other threads, so I went to one, and clicked on his channel. I found the two short films, posted them, and asked Cracker Funk if those were the two ones he was talking about. I did no hacking or illegal work, those videos were open to the public. He falsely accused me. I was just looking for the video Cracker Funk was talking about.

I hope I did not hurt anyone's feelings, or offend H44. I had no bad intentions. H44 and others, I am sorry for posting those two videos. I did not know you did not want them shown. Sorry.

I agree. I saw it when it was publicly listed. I didn't make any special effort to find it, it was hotlinked after I watched a video that he posted here. If he didn't want me to see it, that's his bad, not mine. I do think he should release it, but only for the benefit of cast/crew.

In his defense, I actually have a video that I keep semi-private. If anybody asks to see it, I oblige, but the listing isn't public. So I get it. Not everything we make is gonna be awesome.

Wasn't directed at you, just the idea of posting his videos on an unrelated thread has a somewhat lynchy feel.

And I'm exactly the same as you. I talk about 'my first short' all the time, fully aware that it's not actually my first short. I mucked around with cameras when I was 13, 14, 15...etc, but I don't really want to show people the results. And if someone decided to find one of them and post it on Indietalk, I'd be pretty annoyed and probably ask them to take it down.

Whether it's because you're embarassed, or just because you're self-conscious about your work, you shouldn't have to exhibit on Indietalk. H44's problem is not that he doesn't post work, it's that all he contributes is questions, seemingly without listening to the answers. We shouldn't be getting on his back for not putting stuff online- no one demands to see examples of Rik's work, or Jax's work, or Alcove's work, because their contributions are good and this is, after all, a discussion forum. We should be extending the same courtesy to H44, even though he doesn't seem to have fully mastered discussion yet.

No I removed the videos because I was lead to believe they were hacked. They were set to private before, now all of a sudden anyone on indietalk can view them. So I removed them because the privacy feature on youtube was not working, so I had great deal to believe it was hacked.

I checked youtube, and it was still set to private. I go back to indietalk, and you can still view them from here. So that is why I removed them, cause the privacy was not working on this thread. So I thought they were hacked therefore.

I didn't hack into them. I don't even know how :lol:

I'm sorry if I offended you or upset you. I did not mean to do that. I went onto your channel, and they were open to the public, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm sorry, and I hope we can still get along in the future.

Wasn't directed at you, just the idea of posting his videos on an unrelated thread has a somewhat lynchy feel.

I was just wondering if I was watching the video Cracker Funk was talking about.

And I'm exactly the same as you. I talk about 'my first short' all the time, fully aware that it's not actually my first short. I mucked around with cameras when I was 13, 14, 15...etc, but I don't really want to show people the results. And if someone decided to find one of them and post it on Indietalk, I'd be pretty annoyed and probably ask them to take it down.

I did post two of his videos that were open to the public that were on his channel.

We shouldn't be getting on his back for not putting stuff online- no one demands to see examples of Rik's work, or Jax's work, or Alcove's work, because their contributions are good and this is, after all, a discussion forum.

I wasn't trying to get on his back, I was curious about two videos that Cracker Funk may or many not have been talking about. I was wrong.

I am sorry. I didn't know that he did not want those videos seen. I had everything but bad intentions.

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on your back CPF- this is hardly a big deal, I just wanted to quickly defend H44's right to his work because he doesn't get much slack round these parts (unsurprisingly).

Oh okay. I guess I am mistaken, and maybe the problem is youtube then. It kept telling me it was set to private. This actually happened before and I thought somebody bypassed the privacy setting somehow.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on your back CPF

No problem. We're cool.

this is hardly a big deal, I just wanted to quickly defend H44's right to his work because he doesn't get much slack round these parts (unsurprisingly).

Good point. I shouldn't have posted those videos. I made a quick and somewhat stupid decision. I hope I didn't come off as an @$$.

Glad this thing got sorted out :)

Oh okay. I guess I am mistaken, and maybe the problem is youtube then. It kept telling me it was set to private. This actually happened before and I thought somebody bypassed the privacy setting somehow.

It's fine. I'm sorry for posting those videos. I didn't know. I hope we can still get along.

That youtube thing that's going on with your channel is strange. You should contact youtube assistance. You don't want someone going to your channel and posting something private again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah cause this is the second time it's happened. Sorry if I might have overreacted myself. I just thought I was hacked or something likely. But I guess I also thought you could have asked for permission first. It's okay though. Thanks.

Last edited:
no one demands to see examples of ..... Alcove's work, because their contributions are good and this is, after all, a discussion forum.

I would happily post examples of my work. However, my "work" belongs to my clients; they own it, I do not (once they've paid their bill, anyway :D). I do not have the right to post examples of my work.

Even if it is "public" it is up to the client to post links, not me. I will give a link to a potential client. Yes, a small but very distinct difference.

My first demo reel is secured and well away from prying eyes ... archived in a shoe box ... safety tab removed to prevent others from using it to record the latest episode of Cheers.

Back