Why do directors/producers make changes to their scripts if actor's leave?

You know h44.... there's a huge possibility that you had it set to unlisted. I remember you sending me the link of you're unfinished short and that was indeed unlisted as opposed to private. Just because it's unlisted doesn't mean that the video link can't be found.

Way to go, H44. I've started watching the video 3 times and keep getting interrupted, but I wanted to give you the proverbial 'smack on the back' (but in a MANLY sort of way) while it's still relevant. Everybody knows how vulnerable we feel when we allow anyone to view our work (completed or not), and it takes big bits to open ourselves up to those work we respect. You con dio, cop.

(It's Thai, it means 'You're number one, my friend')

Okay thanks. Would it be cool if someone could tell me what I did wrong in the 'blocking', this would help me in future projects.

So so far the comments on my short, not just on here, but from others in general, have ranged from people saying 'not bad' to 'unwatchable'. That's a huge range from one to the other, so I'm not sure how bad it really is. Should I show it people that I want to break into the business with and find collaboration as well, or should I not?

Also how is my story skills? Do I need to work on plot structure or character development differently? Even for a 10 minute short?

Last edited:
Should I show it people that I want to break into the business with and find collaboration as well, or should I not?

No. You are a beginner. Do more projects and improve as a filmmaker. You want to put out the best product you possibly can.

Also how is my story skills? Do I need to work on plot structure or character development differently? Even for a 10 minute short?

You need a better script. Post your scripts to IndieTalk or a site like SimplyScripts.com. It is a place to shop around/sell screenplays and get feedback. Get as much feedback as possible.

Audio is another important thing. For some reason, acting seems weaker when the audio is weaker.

Or get someone to write you a script.

You should start smaller, with a one-two minute short film. Then work your way up. A ten minute short is not good to start with.

Also, H44, you're not that bad. It's a beginner short. It's not going to be Citizen Kane.

Good luck! :)

Okay thanks. I will put future scripts up for review or something like that.

It's kind of paradoxical though, because I want to make a better movie, but in order to work with good talented people to help me make one, they want to see what I've done first. So I have to show them something good, but at the same time, I need a talented cast and crew to make something good...

Okay thanks. I will put future scripts up for review or something like that.

It's kind of paradoxical though, because I want to make a better movie, but in order to work with good talented people to help me make one, they want to see what I've done first. So I have to show them something good, but at the same time, I need a talented cast and crew to make something good...

What about your best friend? Your mom? Your dad? What about those two television actors you wanted to be in your action film? The people who helped work on your last film? Your brother? Your sister? Your pet cat/dog/fish?

Look, I went through the same phase you went through, telling myself that I can't find actors and not really making much. There are actors out there that are willing to work with you. You have to make an effort to find them :)

Those actors moved. No my parents would not be able to do it, and would just come off as awkward in front of the camera. I will keep looking. Maybe I can show off something else besides movies, like my knowledge in what I've learned so far, and maybe I can show some scripts or something.

Those actors moved. No my parents would not be able to do it, and would just come off as awkward in front of the camera. I will keep looking. Maybe I can show off something else besides movies, like my knowledge in what I've learned so far, and maybe I can show some scripts or something.

Out of all the friends within an hour of you, is there any one willing to work with you?

Back