Who's your dream team?

If you could put together the perfect team of filmmakers(director, writer, cinematographer, editor, composer, etc.) to make one film, who would you pick? Who's your dream team?

This is for an Australian based action film that I have written

Writer: Josh Gay (Me), Luc Besson and/or Quentin Tarantino
Director: Josh Gay (Me) and Pierre Morel
DOP/Cinematographer: Phil Meheux
Editor: Tony Gay or Marcus D'Arcy
Composer: David Arnold

Starring:
Karl Urban
Geoffrey Rush
Sam Worthington
Liam Neeson
Abbie Cornish
Guy Pearce
Bill Nighy
Sean Connery
Wil Anderson

Project/writer: Neil Gaiman's Sandman.
Directors:
Spielberg (the wake), Del-toro (the corinthian/various dream realm stuff), Miyazaki (a midsummer nights dream), Charlie Kaufman (don't remember the name of the story - but the one with the kid locked in the basement dreaming of his superhero friends), Lars Von Trier (again, don't recall the name - but the story of the captive muse/hell)
Composer: Tchaikovsky
Cinematographer: Bruno Delbonnel

Starring:
I'd be here all night if I wanted to try and cast the whole sandman series - but definitely a young David Bowie playing Lucifer.

A little more abstractly:
A young Al Pacino, James Maccavoy, Zoe Dachinel, Michell Williams in something directed by Jean Piere Juenet, written by Paul Thomas Anderson, and designed by Terry Gilliam.

HAH!

Its a story of Earth's discovery and subsequent attempt at acceptance in a long standing and universal galactic community.

Director/writer-Tarrantino, myself, and Scorsese, Speilberg might be better though
Composer-John Williams(starwars)
Cinematographer-Bruno Delbonnel(Accross the Universe)

Starring Adam Sandler as Adam Sandler lmao(south park reference)
not sure about actors although I'm thinking Russell Crowe as a lead

I like that a few of you chose Quentin, probably because his style is instantly recognizable.

I think its funny that some of you chose multiple directors, like there wouldn't be a struggle for power. :yes:

my team-
writer: Nolan brothers
director: Danny Boyle
DP: Anthony Mantle
editor: Chris Dickens
Composer: Hans Zimmer

Starring: The ever great Ewan Mcgregor

Writers: Billy Wilder/Ben Hecht/Luis Bunuel/Robert Bresson/Woody Allen/Chaplin (alongside myself)

DP(s): Sacha Vierny/Gianni di Venanzo/Gordon Willis/Sven Nykvist/Stanley Cortez

Director: Michelangelo Antonioni/Robert Breson/Carl Dreyer/Bela Tarr/Andrei Tarkovksy (with the inclusion of myself)

Editor: Marthe Huguet/Thelma Schoonmaker/Richard Marks

Composer: Nino Rota/Ennio Morricone/Bernard Herrmann/Eduard Artemyev

Wardrobe Designer: Edith Head

Sound Designer: Walter Murch

No hope remains, as about most of the aforementioned names are no longer alive as of the present. A dream at most.

Writer: Adeimantus
Sound Design: Alcove Audio
Directors of Photography: Wheatgrinder and Flicker Pictures
Animated Title Sequence: Bird
Music: Cracker Funk
Claymation: Zensteve
Director: Directorik
Producer: Indietalk

Last edited:
Thought I'd apply this to the project that I'm developing at the moment.

Director: David Fincher although I'm not sure how we'd make it work.
DOP: It's got to be Deakins.
Composer: Dario Marinelli (or whatever, the guy who did Atonement) but with a alternative rock edge provided by Win Butler.
Production Designer: Stuart Craig
Assistant Director: harmonica44

Cast:

Dustin- Andrew Garfield
Callum- Matthew Lewis
Katy- Emma Roberts (with an English accent)
Laurie- Sarah Bolger
Garth- Jude Law
Alan- Jim Broadbent
Penny- Fiona Shaw
Pechowski- Clive Owen
Nan- Betty White (with an English accent)
Sebastian- Zensteve
Sandra- Lesley Manville

Thought I'd apply this to the project that I'm developing at the moment.

Director: David Fincher although I'm not sure how we'd make it work.
DOP: It's got to be Deakins.
Composer: Dario Marinelli (or whatever, the guy who did Atonement) but with a alternative rock edge provided by Win Butler.
Production Designer: Stuart Craig
Assistant Director: harmonica44

Cast:

Dustin- Andrew Garfield
Callum- Matthew Lewis
Katy- Emma Roberts (with an English accent)
Laurie- Sarah Bolger
Garth- Jude Law
Alan- Jim Broadbent
Penny- Fiona Shaw
Pechowski- Clive Owen
Nan- Betty White (with an English accent)
Sebastian- Zensteve
Sandra- Lesley Manville

So, one AD Is enough (English accent, obviously ;) )?

Director: Darren Aronofsky
Writer: Quentin Tarantino
Cinematography: Emmanuel Lubezki
Music Score: Clint Mansell
Editor: Roderick Jaynes

Cast:
Daniel Day Lewis
Michael K Williams
Christoph Waltz
Liam Neeson
Jeff Bridges
Natalie Portman

Last edited:
Writer: Adeimantus
Sound Design: Alcove Audio
Directors of Photography: Wheatgrinder and Flicker Pictures
Animated Title Sequence: Bird
Music: Cracker Funk
Director: Directorik
Producer: Indietalk

Ahh, man, you beat me to it! I was gonna do the same thing.

I'm honored to take the postion of music supervisor and editor. I'll have to out-source for any original compositions. :)

On my team, actually, I've got Uranium producing, and I've got Indietalk on my team of writers. I worry that I've got too many cooks in the kitchen, with Adeimantus, Indietalk, insert_cliche, and Papertwin, but I think they should be able to work things out, especially they'll be writing a big Summer Blockbuster.

I can't resist but to give myself a position, and that'll have to be editor. sonnyboo is going to direct. I'm going to have to put chilipie at DP, with Ernest at Key Grip. I'm gonna need Zensteve at 1st AD, and dlevanchuck at 2nd AD.

wheat will be heading up my SFX department, and he'll be working closely with PaulGriffith in post. OpusFuller will advise wheat on practical effects, but his primary position will be in costumes. Flicker will be taking art direction.

ROC will be in charge of production sound, and Alcove will take post. Dready will be working closely with Alcove, as I happen to know, from first-hand experience, that she's very good at monitoring audio for ADR.

directorik will be on camera, and David.rhsc will be 1st AC.

For an animated title-sequence, I'd like to see what sort of wonderfully genius insanity arises when Bird and FrankLad collaborate.

For an original score, I'm going to have to stick with my boys in Richmond, cuz they're awesome (http://www.songwirestudios.com/).

M1cheal will be my casting director.

Not bad! I got 3 job offers in one thread, so far! :cool:

Role of Sebastian: Zensteve
1st AD: Zensteve

I gotta tell you now, CrackerFunk, that I could never do that position again, on a professional set. Did it once, and swore never again. It takes a certain kind of person to be 1st, and I can say from experience that I don't have "it". Bless all the good 1st's, 'cos we all need more of 'em!

How about caterer? I'm an awesome cook, and the cast & crew gotta get some eats!
smiley_chef.gif

I'm gonna assemble my Dream Team tomorrow. Need to think about it. :)

I like playing this game with musicians.

What makes it fun after the requisite rounds of lumping all your faves together in a supergroup is to consider the strengths, styles and palettes of different musicians and create groups that would create a new sound that would transcend their individuality. Or to have fun trying.

I was thinking about this in regards to filmmakers last night, and came up with a pairing I would love to see:

Late period Orson Welles directing a script by Rod Serling with Stanley Kubrick as Director of Photography.

It would take a giant like Welles to convince Kubrick he could compose beautifully in a faster-cut environment.

Plus, to be a fly on the wall during those pre-production chess games...

Director: David Lynch
Writer: David Lynch
Cinematographer: Matthew Libatique
Composer: Howard Shore

Stars:
Jeremy Irons
Jodie Foster
Dustin Hoffman
Alice Ripely
Woody Allen

Flattered to be even mentioned. :)

directorik will be on camera, and David.rhsc will be 1st AC.

This gets a thumbs up from me. Actually, given a recent sudden, uncomfortable slow down in gigs ... :lol:

Funny that I was going to post that most of my "dream team" type stuff involves me getting to work under the likes of Tolland, Almendros, Kovacs, Zsigmond, Hall, Cronenweth (the Blade Runner one, Jordan I think), and so on. But sometimes I lack imagination. Of course the other "dream team" list involves me shooting for various directors past and present. Again, lack of imagination and/or a bit too much "but what about me!!!!" :lol:

I'll think about it though and see if I can come up with something.

Project: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Director: Darren Aronofsky
Cast
Jeremy Irons as George
Alice Ripley as Martha
Ryan Gosling as Nick
Natalie Portman as Honey

Director: Edward Zwick (Defiance, Blood Diamond)
Writers: Tony Gilroy (Bourne series), Simon Beaufoy (Slumdog Millionaire, 127 Hours)
Producer: Steven Spielberg (because he's fucking Steven Spielberg)

DOP: Anthony Dod Mantle (Slumdog Millionaire, 28 Days Later)
I would use DJs and artists above an established studio composer: David Holmes, Diplo, Us3

Cast:
Clive Owen (in Children of Men) - antihero protagonist
Jeremy Renner (in The Town) - constantly shitfaced companion
Olivia Wilde (in House) - love interest
Christian Bale (in The Prestige) - villain
Sharlto Copley (in District 9) - some kind of scared-ass reporter/private 1st class/brother-in-law
William H. Macy (in Cellular) - comedic background role

Some kind of fatalistic ethnic/cultural drama set in Africa. Perhaps a a film adaptation of the book "Me Against My Brother." http://www.amazon.com/Me-Against-My...0634/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309344257&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Back