Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Never miss one.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Depends on who's nominated.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • UGH YUCK Get it out of here!

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Wow, that was officially the worst Oscars I've seen yet. I guess this is just one of those years where they try new stuff and it flops.

Why would you bother getting two really funny people to host and not even bother to write anything funny for them. Their opening monologue was nothing more than old-man roast humor, which I am not necessarily opposed to, but it fell flat.

And what was with the whole having the best actor/actress nominees being on stage at the opening. Kind of an insult to the others nominated, I thought...

There just was too much fail to even mention it all. So disappointed.

Wow... I don't know what to say. Am I the only one who would like to win an Oscar some day? There has got to be other people out there right?

Wow... I don't know what to say. Am I the only one who would like to win an Oscar some day? There has got to be other people out there right?

You're far from the only one, Brooksy. I'd be willing to bet that just about all of us have fantasized about the possibility. Nothing wrong with that, as long as one doesn't take it all too seriously.

Yes. It should be quite the honor/achievement.

But the question remains...how many are given out based on merit,
and how many are given out based on power and money?

Winning an Oscar would be cool, but it won't make or break me. I hold the Spirit Awards and prestigious film festivals (Cannes, Toronto, Berlin, Sundance, etc) in much higher regard than the Oscars.

Not in the least. I have often fantasized about what it would be like giving an acceptance speech for best original screenplay. :yes:

It would not "define" me, but it would be a damn nice feeling.

But I somehow doubt where my head and my stories are today will get me there anytime soon. My stories are leaning towards the paranormal, fantasy, science fiction and horror end of the spectrum. I'll save the character studies for later.

Anyway,

Unless it's something like the first female director to win an oscar, you tend to forget about that person in 5 years unfortunately, though it's a special experience nonetheless.

I have a dream of winning an oscar for sound editing/mixing at some point.

Last edited:
Back