• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Who Would You Hire?

Since the majority of us are screenplay writers and directors, I thought I would pose an interesting question... If cost were no object, what would be your list of top ten actors that you would want to write for and hire for your productions?

Here is my current list...

Jack Nicholson
Keifer Sutherland
Samuel L Jackson
Rutger Hauer
James Gandolfini
Robert Duvall
Tim Robbins
Robert DeNiro
Al Pacino
Jeff Bridges

This list is in no particular order! And naturally ten actors is really a short list! But this list came right from the top of my head as people I would absolutely want to work with.

I'm curious to see who your lists will include!

-HAWKEYE

um....those are good picks but i actually didn't post that thread, or the other one about the movie. haha, good picks for the actors though, i love Jake Gyllenhaal ever since Donnie Darko

1. Bill Murray
2. Bruce Campbell
3. Johnny Depp
4. Cate Blanchete
5. David Hasselhof
6. Tim Robbins
7. Kevin Smith
8. Jason Lee
9. Arnold Schwarzenegger
10. Dennis Hopper

And of course, Mark Borchardt and Mike Schank from"American Movie".
All this would be composed by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, overseen by Danny Elfman.
Harrison Ford and Sean Connery would have a cameo as two retarded brothers.
Dustin Hoffman would be the "mystery bad guy", and Morgan Freeman would be his secret robot weapon. (maybe a voice over).

Of course, the plot is that the wizards and elves have gathered in the future when giant robots form outer space attack Earth, and reveal themselves to the world once more to unite against the menace.
Bruce Campbell and David Hasselhof are two humans who get entwined in the mess.
Bill Murray is the head wizard. Johnny Depp is the main elf dude.
Cate Blachete is the elvish love interest. Tim Robbins is the wizard-Murray's love interest.
Kevin Smith and Jason Lee play two corrupt government officials who side with the robots.
Arnold is a robot. Duh.
Dennis Hopper just smokes drugs the whole movie.

That's my ultimate movie.

Back