Who Wants In???

but with email its just easier to talk one on one and really tell that person everything thats going down like: the progress of the script and etc. filming locations and all that jazz.
But isn't this a group project? Why talk one one one about
everything that is going on? Why not post here so everyone
involved can be kept up to date? I'm thinking that as the
project grows more people will want to jump on the band
wagon. If everything is being done one on one that won't
happen.

But this is you project, Giovanni, if you want everything
that's going down to be one on one, I'll do it your way.

Alright, Alright.

I definitely want this to be a group project. I just want you to email me to start off to know your committed and what you can contribute.

what we already have:

3 screenwriters (we need people to critique)
2 directors (no more needed)
BeatlesFan is interested in doing a score
directorik is interested in doing the lighting (maybe one more person, unless directorik has got it covered)

What we still need:
2 cinematographers
an editor
2 people to work with sound
a set designer/costume designer
and if you know any good ones, actors.

equipment wise, we don't have much we have two cameras that were each 200 some dollars, other than that we don't have much equipment besides our cameras and computers. If you can contribute other cameras when you come to help, this would be much appreciated.

remember no one will be getting paid. this is just for the passion of film.

Now, location. The filming location will be near the Chicago area, Northern Indiana, and possibly near Detroit, Michigan.

So, because of these locations, if you're are not in those areas you would have to make a bigger commitment on coming to do this film. But I can assure you it will be worth it. (The finished product will be submitted to festivals)

Another reason I want people to email me and tell me that they are committed is because eventually I'd like to start either a thread on here or something else where we all can have group discussions, without other people interfering.

So, there you have it. you see what we need, how we are going to do things, and if there is any positions I am missing that you think you can contribute, you're welcome as well.

Last edited:
Now, location. The filming location will be near the Chicago area, Northern Indiana, and possibly near Detroit, Michigan.
This is the important part. Where the project will be shot.

I cannot afford to travel to and stay in the Chicago area for the
duration of the shoot – something the gaffer will need to do. So
I'm sorry to say I will not be able to do the lighting.

Another reason I want people to email me and tell me that they are committed is because eventually I'd like to start either a thread on here or something else where we all can have group discussions, without other people interfering.
I'm sorry you feel people not directly involved would be interfering.
It seems to me that all advice would be welcome. But I respect
your method and I wish you the very best with this challenging
project.

Interested to see how this evolves.

Why do you feel you need two cinematographers? Are you thinking to shoot two camera setups? How have you come to this decision before the script has been written, perhaps it would not lend itself to a multiple camera shoot?

Generally speaking, cinematographer is a leadership position, synonymous with Director of Photography. In multi-cam shoots there are camera operators working under the dp, even if the dp is also operating as well.

Generally speaking, the community here is respectful of threads like this, so worry not about "interference."

I may have missed it, but do you have a length in mind?

It's too early in development for me to firmly commit, but I can be talked into traveling for the right project.

I'd like to do a film that involves all the ITers I've grown to know and love (and watch through a window while they're sleeping)

It would have to be something animated, or something with a lot of green screen work in order to solve that whole "spread out across the globe" issue we got goin on here

I'd like to do a film that involves all the ITers I've grown to know and love (and watch through a window while they're sleeping)

You do that too?! I mean, wow, I th- I mean, never mind.

It would have to be something animated, or something with a lot of green screen work in order to solve that whole "spread out across the globe" issue we got goin on here

What if we did a Babel-Amores Perros-type thing and had a bunch of stories about connected people in completely different places. Maybe something about a bunch of procrastinating filmmakers. Hmm...

Or maybe a film about someone who changes into another person every minute, allowing for a bunch of different segments.

Or like you mentioned, perhaps something animated.

I can be a floating head like that computer in red dwarf

You do that too?! I mean, wow, I th- I mean, never mind.

What if we did a Babel-Amores Perros-type thing and had a bunch of stories about connected people in completely different places. Maybe something about a bunch of procrastinating filmmakers. Hmm...

Or maybe a film about someone who changes into another person every minute, allowing for a bunch of different segments.

Or like you mentioned, perhaps something animated.

Gazing into my window is its own punishment. :lol:

Actually that is a pretty good idea, though I vote for anything other than yet another film about making films. It could be a good way to create a longer piece.

I have some thoughts in that, but I am no writer.

Last edited:
Gazing into my window is its own punishment. :lol:

:lol:

Not for mussonman, apparently.

Actually that is a pretty good idea, though I vote for anything other than yet another film about making films. It could be a good way to create a longer piece.

Good idea. Movie within a movie thing is a bit old. We'll set that aside for now. But yeah, it would be cool to do a collaborative film.

I have some thoughts in that, but I am no writer.

If you have any ideas or thoughts, feel free to contribute them. I'm no writer either :D

Perhaps someone (or me) should start another thread before the OP's thread gets derailed. Sorry OP, continue.

That great that some of you are interested, I will leak some information as we are still in the process of writing.

We are writing a dramatic fantasy. That all i can really say for now.

and david.rhsc if you're interested that great, whats your profession towards film?

I'm in Australia! Though I'm over in the US during May/June so might be able to input into some of the pre-pro

In the off chance you are in the NorCal area, shoot me a PM and I'll buy the first round. Though I might be in LA for the second half of May. Details, lol. :D

:lol:
If you have any ideas or thoughts, feel free to contribute them. I'm no writer either :D

Perhaps someone (or me) should start another thread before the OP's thread gets derailed. Sorry OP, continue.

Sounds like the script is already in progress. Let's let this one play out. We can always fire up another collaboration attempt. It would be pretty cool to see an IT-sourced feature of some sort.

That great that some of you are interested, I will leak some information as we are still in the process of writing.

We are writing a dramatic fantasy. That all i can really say for now.

and david.rhsc if you're interested that great, whats your profession towards film?

I'm a freelance camera operator with a small, but growing, list of DP credits. We can get into more detail on me as your notion progresses into a project. I would want to give the script a full read and discuss your overall creative vision for the piece before committing to travelling and hitting up friends in the area for a place to crash. Consider me an interested observer for the time being.

Now the guy who OP expected +ve response and appreciation looks very pathetic .
he didn't deserve it.

May be he was expecting work group kind of environment to work in.

Domain and Work group both have their own kind of pros/cons environment to work with.

I like to work in any kind.

May be this guy will end up as crap(even having good chance of winning) if he adopted work group style.
His mentality doesn't suite.He looks very convincing to each and every body.
Never let more than two guys be part of decision making panel in domain system.
In work group , it's all about loyalty ,trust and PATIENCE.

Wish his friends exhibits those and help him achieve good result.

David.rhsc...

It's great that you're interested, we would love to have you on board with us. Like I said, the script is still underway.

if you would like to talk one on one you can always email me.

Last edited:
In the off chance you are in the NorCal area, shoot me a PM and I'll buy the first round. Though I might be in LA for the second half of May. Details, lol. :D

I don't think I'll be driving that far north ;)

I'm in LA mid-late May, and the second week of June for CineGear. HMU if you're around :) (or anyone else interested in catching up!)

This doesn't seem to be be so much filmmakers from here on
indietalk coming together to make an epic and dramatical movie
as much as you looking for crew to work on your movie in the
Chicago area and Northern Indiana.

thanks for you're input directorik.

If anybody has an idea for a story, me and the other writers would definitely be willing to write it.

we already have a screenplay in the works, however we can start a new one that comes from a more collaborative idea from users on here who are interested.

Last edited:
Back