where to go now

Just found out today, the Executive Producer that was getting me funding for my Project, is a con man. Turns out, he has conned close to 40 people out of money by promising them he'll get funding due to his contact etc, but comes to nothing
Wasted a good 6months not looking elsewere for potential investment or Producer to take my Project on, as I was instructed by this guy I was contracted to his team. Feeling pretty crap, but goinna stay positive...Moving forward, whats my best option. I have my Screenplay, so do I make contact with some actual Producers to see if they want to take my Project on, or get a Manager to try source a Producer to take my Project on???

Any feedback, greatly appreciated, as feeling a bit lost....but every experience a learning one

I don't want to give the impression that I was just trying to win an argument or "put you down". I just didn't want the OP or any other relatively inexperienced filmmaker reading this thread to misunderstand what a business plan is because it's potentially one of the most important filmmaking documents.

G

Don't stress Audio...I agree with you, and felt a little foolish for calling it a plan, when it was as you say, more of a list of costs and not even a very good one.

I have been around long enough to know that you are not into 'point scoring'.

I didn't reply more, not because I thought that you or I were heading into a debate etc, but because I could instantly see the error in my posts so it just made more sense to me to acknowledge that you were correct.

No harm, no foul my friend. :cool:

Back