Wheatgrinder gives two big thubms up to Magic Lantern

OK, the features are just two incredible... If you have a T2i then magic lantern turns a great imaging system into a good camera system...

Not only audio MONITORING, but you can configure the mic input to be BALANCED! Using the three pins of the stereo input, pin out cable diagram included...

Exposure and focus aids are amazing..

Focus Peaking

SCREEN ZOOM IN WHILE RECORDING... do you hear that ZOOM IN TO A PART OF THE SCREEN WHILE RECORDING.. you know how cool that is! (doesn't affect recording image of course)

Zebra Stripes

Point exposure level monitoring.. a little number under the cross hairs just tells you how close to 100% white that area is.. no, thats not useful...

CBR of 30mbs

Auto continue record! Thats right.. if your recording goes over the limit (30 mins or 4gb which ever comes first) a new recording starts automatically..

way many more features to consider...

Are you guys nuts?????? If anyone wants to make a movie with under $5000 you got to get a Canon 5d, only 35MM HD camera for this budget. Its all about the DOF people.

So I was just looking into this and what your saying is your going to spend 75 percent of your budget on a camera? Because I looked into a 5D and they range between 2400 and 3000 dollars just for the body and you still have to buy lenses. It doesn't seem practical especially if your budget is only 5000 dollars.

Canon 5D is a great camera for sure, but the T2i and T3i are good as well. Crop sesor has it's place, and size wise a crop sensor is closer to s35 film than the canon full frame.

5D is much preferred for tight spaces and light, 550 for budget. Art meets budget, that's the business.

VistaVision sensor is the size of the T2i sensor...

But enough apologizing for the sensor size, I challenge the concept of "its all about the DOF"...

Ill presume you mean shallow DOF... please consider these shots..

deepFocus1.png

0593.jpg

not-confusing-dof-in-inception.jpg

3344446741_c75e6c9c9b.jpg

Ghost+Writer+1.jpg

so theres more to it then shallow DOF... :)

VistaVision sensor is the size of the T2i sensor...

But enough apologizing for the sensor size, I challenge the concept of "its all about the DOF"...

Ill presume you mean shallow DOF... please consider these shots..

deepFocus1.png

0593.jpg

not-confusing-dof-in-inception.jpg

3344446741_c75e6c9c9b.jpg

Ghost+Writer+1.jpg

so theres more to it then shallow DOF... :)

Exactly. There's also nice clothes and hair gel.

But yeah, shallow DOF is not really my cookie. It makes everything look to ethereal. It does contribute to the film look but I do not abuse it.

Back