What's your poison?

I'm partial to gin and tonic. Or whiskey and pepsi.

Not that I'm above a good beer. My fav brand is Warka
Strong (a Polish beer).

Speaking of Polish drinks, there is a great Polish vodka
called Zubrowka which is traditionally mixed with apple
juice for a drink called a szarlotka (translation: apple pie).
There is a blade of grass in the bottle which is from the
Bialystok region where there are still native European
buffalo. It's said that if a buffalo has pissed on that blade
of grass, it'll be a good bottle of vodka. There is also a
similar rule with it as there is with the worm in tequila.

But I digress....

What's your poison?

Every liquor and liqueur has its place and purpose depending on the mood, atmosphere and company of that night. (as u can c, i take my alcohol very seriously ;)

But the usual poison for me is Bourbon. Partial to Jim Beam Black.

Good idea for a thread btw.

Spirits: Jose Cuervo 1800 Reposado

Beer: Stella Artois (or Guinness when I'm in the mood)

Absolut ice-cold straight up to vary the monotony

Cheers!

-C

Can't go wrong with a home-brewed IPA... or any home-brew, tbh. :beer:

Currently out, though. Starting a new rotation in September.

...aside from that, maybe just a lil' pineapple upside-down cake. Nom-nom-nom. ;)

Oooh boy. :D

Given the choice I'll take a solid scotch most of the time.

I'm pretty spoiled though in that I have close friends who brew really good beer, obsessively, so there's that. Good thing, otherwise I would probably drink way too much liquor. ;)

Bourbon in the summertime, Scotch in the winter.

Currently rotating a DELIGHTFUL bottle of Booker's with my usual Wild Turkey 101 and Maker's Mark. When it gets real hot I'll do 7&7s.

When I do drink (which is rare), Long Island Iced Tea-usually have one or two(or three or four) on my birthday every year....

Nothing quite like a very dry vodka martini and
a cuban cigar. When I write it's usually with a
cheap table red. But to prove I'm the snob I
hope to be my usual is a Glenlivet Single Malt,
straight up for half the glass then on rock until
it melts for the finish.

Bourbon in the summertime, Scotch in the winter.

Currently rotating a DELIGHTFUL bottle of Booker's with my usual Wild Turkey 101 and Maker's Mark. When it gets real hot I'll do 7&7s.

Ahhhh Bookers... Now that is a rare pleasure for me.
Uncut.
Once again, the Jim Beam company. and Basil Hayden's is good as well if you want to go the other extreme and have a really smooth one.

Well, I'm a bartender, so I drink whatever tickles my fancy, and I like to try the more inventive cocktails. My new favorite cocktail -- the Sazerac -- commonly accepted as the oldest cocktail known. The ingredients aren't exactly common; most bars can't make it (and most bartenders don't know how), but if you ever find yourself in an establishment that's a little more refined, I highly recommend giving it a whirl. Rye whiskey, a dash of Peychaud's bitters, a little bit of simple syrup, just a drop or two of absynthe (or Pernod if you don't have absynthe), finished with a twist of lemon. Mmmm, if it wasn't 8 in the morning, I'd go get one right now.

That's if I'm feeling fancy, though. Normally, I'm taking whatever is inexpensive at whatever establishment I'm at.

On the occasion (probably just once a year) in which I feel like splurging on a nice bottle, I go for Remy Martin 1738. I've tried pretty much every cognac on the market, including the ones that go for @ $2,000 per bottle, and Remy 1738 is by far my favorite.

Over the last month, or so, I've been drinking PBR, and it's been tax-deductable, as a business expense. Somebody had to make those props!

Ernest -- I met Fred Noe (direct descendent of Jim, current pres., face is on side of bottle). He's freaking hilarious, and yes, he and his family do make some good bourbon.

Last edited:
Ahhhh, such a great thread...

Typical Beers I drink: 512 IPA, Green Flash IPA, Guinness (fall through early spring), St. Arnold Spring Bock, Stone Imperial Russian Stout (when I can find it in Houston)

Typical Liquors: Crown Royal, Jagermeister, Ketel One, Seagrams 7

Hootch

100% pure grain Alcohol and Hawaiian Punch. Then cut up pieces of fruit and let them sit in it. Oh the college days.

warning: Just because you can't tast the alcohol doesnt mean you can keep drinking..trust me. :)

Back