movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

Watched the Steve Martin Pink Panther movie. Actually, just found the "I would like to buy a hamburger" scene. The rest is dispensable . :)

Last edited:
All right. Another Pink Panther scene that always makes me laugh:

I'll spare you "Do you have a liessance for your munkey?"

Last edited:
I watched black mirror last night.

Ep. 3 had aaron paul which was really cool, but the writing was shit piled a mile high 🤮
At no point did anything in this entire epsiode make any sense at all

I watched black mirror last night.

Ep. 3 had aaron paul which was really cool, but the writing was shit piled a mile high 🤮
At no point did anything in this entire epsiode make any sense at all
Ok, yeah, I think that's fair. I was exited when I started that episode, because I saw the 1 hr 21 minute runtime, and thought this might be a special episode that the team creating it thought was worth more time and energy than the rest. And I did enjoy seeing Aaron Paul back on tv. That guy is set for life now. Every time people see him, they are going to think "hey, it's that guy from when tv was interesting". I agree with you on the writing here. Charlie is hit and miss, but he's landed some great hits, or we wouldn't still be watching him almost a decade later.

We can't make another earth copy, because we were both down here when they made the robots. - What?

He let's him back in the airlock after "the event"? - What?

Kate Mara's dialogue past the first few scenes - What?

Josh Hartnett's character and decisions - What?

We made this spaceship so two people have to operate it at once, or it blows up. - What?

I could seriously go on for a bit like that. It....... honestly did not make any sense.

Honestly it kind of felt like the episodes were arranged in order of quality. That was a bit disappointing as time progressed.

No 2 was good though. It was a really strange episode for the show, in that it just felt like a default, standard horror movie that was well executed and compact. It's odd seeing Charlie write something really normal.

Ep 4 - Mazy Day was ok, but conceptually felt kind of cheap and shallow by the end. It was entertaining for an hour, but nothing special.

Ep 5 - Demon 79, was terrible. It was stupid. People, Quintin can do silly homages to outdated formats, because he's one of the most famous people on the planet, and the audience tends to just roll with it. The rest of us need to just make film with less than 1% film grain, and not crutch on the novelty of outdated music and a giant year number at the start of the show. Also, I can't have nostalgia for a time when I wasn't alive.

I feel like Charlie is a bit boxed in by his own success, and is in a hard position compared to other tv writers. Most shows divide their focus of interest between many different creatives, music, some attractive lead, a gimmick like a talking car, etc. With Black Mirror, people are there for the writing, pretty much exclusively, and that means he's kind of live without a net at all times, for better and worse.

Last edited:
Watched the Steve Martin Pink Panther movie. Actually, just found the "I would like to buy a hamburger" scene. The rest is dispensable . :)

As a child, I remember that when this film came out, I was very disappointed that it wasn't a faithful recreation of the animation, in which the main character looked like this -

Pink Panther GIF by Henry Mancini

Last edited:
Ok, yeah, I think that's fair. I was exited when I started that episode, because I saw the 1 hr 21 minute runtime, and thought this might be a special episode that the team creating it thought was worth more time and energy than the rest. And I did enjoy seeing Aaron Paul back on tv. That guy is set for life now. Every time people see him, they are going to think "hey, it's that guy from when tv was interesting". I agree with you on the writing here. Charlie is hit and miss, but he's landed some great hits, or we wouldn't still be watching him almost a decade later.

We can't make another earth copy, because we were both down here when they made the robots. - What?

He let's him back in the airlock after "the event"? - What?

Kate Mara's dialogue past the first few scenes - What?

Josh Hartnett's character and decisions - What?

We made this spaceship so two people have to operate it at once, or it blows up. - What?

I could seriously go on for a bit like that. It....... honestly did not make any sense.

Honestly it kind of felt like the episodes were arranged in order of quality. That was a bit disappointing as time progressed.

No 2 was good though. It was a really strange episode for the show, in that it just felt like a default, standard horror movie that was well executed and compact. It's odd seeing Charlie write something really normal.

Ep 4 - Mazy Day was ok, but conceptually felt kind of cheap and shallow by the end. It was entertaining for an hour, but nothing special.

Ep 5 - Demon 79, was terrible. It was stupid. People, Quintin can do silly homages to outdated formats, because he's one of the most famous people on the planet, and the audience tends to just roll with it. The rest of us need to just make film with less than 1% film grain, and not crutch on the novelty of outdated music and a giant year number at the start of the show. Also, I can't have nostalgia for a time when I wasn't alive.

I feel like Charlie is a bit boxed in by his own success, and is in a hard position compared to other tv writers. Most shows divide their focus of interest between many different creatives, music, some attractive lead, a gimmick like a talking car, etc. With Black Mirror, people are there for the writing, pretty much exclusively, and that means he's kind of live without a net at all times, for better and worse.
Missed the biggest WTF of all...

Why in the fuck were the humans in space and the robots on earth instead of VICE VERSA?

Secret Agent Cody Banks 2/5

Starring Frankie Muniz and Hillary Duff, this movie had BARELY had any hillary duff in it, what a let down.
I thought it was gonna be a fun duo adventure and instead it's just all frankie muniz doing the same spinning jump kick with his stunt double OVER and OVER again. It's like watching someone play a vidoe game and they keep spamming the same move lol. Learn a new combo buddy.

Rated 5/10 on IMDB.. there is a sequel that also has hillary duff AND anthony anderson, it sounds fun by the cast.. but its rated even lower on imdb at 4.5 lol, I don't think I am gonna fall for this shit twice. pass on the sequel.

The Northman 2.5/5

The Northman starring Eric Northman...

confused true blood GIF

lol okay Eric Northman is just his characters name from true blood, He's Alexander Scarsgard brother of the IT clown

And seriously, fuck this movie. I was being generous giving 2.5 stars because it's well made on many levels, and it even has a cool fight scene where both people have shields and swords and you don't usually see such a realistic historical combo being fought 1v1 on screen.

He got some 'magical' sword that was this huge build up, and end the final fight sequence he bangs sword on sword like six times in a row and his fucking fancy sword doesn't mean jack shit. And it literally doesn't unshealth during the day? His sword has zero fucking advantages and it doesn't work HALF the time jesus fcuking christ, go fuck yourself you stupid movie, what was the point of ANY OF THE SWORD SHIT??? God I hate it so much. we go on a whole adventure with him to get a piece of shit sword thats worse than every other sword in the movie lmao completely uselss half the time jesus 😵

Last edited:
Watched GotG 3 - Great Flick 4/5

Definitely some stuff that bothered me, like I don't understand why they nerfed star lord so much?

Starlord is supposed to have a space-proof mask??
Now suddenly he is helpless in space, like wtf, he is STAR lord not earth lord, shit pissed me off

The worst part is I put on the directors commentary and James gun doesn't even address it...

He drones on about society, and bad people having good in them... wtf, this is the worst directors commentary I've ever listened to lol.
I don't give a shit about your philosophy TALK ABOUT THE MOVIE

The 5 minutes of commentary I checked out was awful.
The deleted scene with Adam Warlock was funny.

The Out-Laws

Funny, solid film that meets expectations. 3/5

Last edited:
He drones on about society, and bad people having good in them... wtf, this is the worst directors commentary I've ever listened to lol.
I don't give a shit about your philosophy TALK ABOUT THE MOVIE
Wait a second! There's a video somewhere where I can hear about the ideologies and philosophies of Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm executives? You have no idea how long I've been looking for a video like that. It must be the rarest film on earth. These people you know, they always frustrate me by hiding their fascinating personal belief systems behind a wall of movie that I wanted to see, rather than the other way around. If only Marvel could be convinced somehow to share some of their top secret wisdom about how people should think. They could weave it right into every movie to save time, that way I don't have to watch a separate director's commentary to get to the real stuff. Someone should get on this right away and publish maybe IDK 40 movies in a row about the company's politics.

Holy shit i looked up James Gunn on twitter for an answer since he didn't address it in the commentary.

He literally took a line out of D&D playbook and said ~"Starlord just sorta forgot"
Holy shit I was confused and angry when I watched the movie and now I'm even more pissed at this bullshit fucking attitude and explanation that writers give. Oh the character just sorta forgot. GTFO

The Flash 4/5

Wow did this movie take a SOUR turn at the end of the first act, really sucked a lot of the fun out of act 2

It was really cool seeing the bruce wayne manor from the 90s, it was more cool to see the sets recreated than it was to see michael keaton 😄

The thing I was looking forward to the most was GENERAL ZOD / MICHAEL SHANNON who sadly had basically ZERO PRESENSE in the film.
What a tease man, this dude had like 2 lines in the whole movie and they were behind a shield obscuring his face, jesus that was a let down

Supergirl also BARELY had any presense either.. almost no acting by either of these two, jesus.

And to top it off... the plot and superhero mechanics DON'T MAKE SENSE (yeah big suprise there right?)

Look I'm willing to put aside basic things like barry zipping out of a coffee shop without creating ANY SOUND at all, no sonic boom, no wind when he zips off nothing, fine, you want to abandon physics and have a fun ride, I am down for that, but don't CONTRADICT YOUR OWN RULES

Such a basic fucking ask.. if you set up rules DON'T CONTRADICT YOUR OWN WRITING.

Rule: Flash goes back in time = Two flashes.
APPLY THIS RECURSIVELY = Two flashes go back in time = FOUR FLASHES

yet no matter how many times flash goes back -- there's no other flashes? What the fuck is even happening here.-- THERE WOULD BE AN ENTIRE ARMY OF FLASHES FIGHTING THE KRYPTONIANS IF HE KEEPS GOING BACK OVER AND OVER

Anyway the movie was funny enough and well paced enough (basically all 7 seasons of CW's flash rolled into a single movie) that it was still 4/5 for me, but damn I hate how fucking stupid writing is ALLOWED to be in hollywood.

Last edited:
Anonymous (2011) B. I'm a believer in the Edward de Vere-was-Shakespeare-theory—not because of this film, but because of the documentary, which is also worthy of an even more positive review. I don't doubt Anonymous has loads of ahistorical nonsense in it. I don't even. But, it's entertaining enough, well produced, good actors etc., and I appreciate the attempt to bring the Edward de Vere-was-Shakespeare-theory to a wider audience.

Randomly came across this but didn't watch it -- Christian Bale as Jesus 😄
That's gotta be one intense messiah https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214930/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_3

I watched a Movie METRO but i think michael rappaport brought nothing to the table and was totally replacable in this buddy cop film

The director did a great job, it was nice watching some of the explosion scenes without shaky cam from the 2000s

Shaky cam sucks. It was a gimmick, and then a bunch of people copy pasted it, and then it became a thing peaking around the era of cloverfield and Battle Los Angeles, and after those movies, people did dial it back a bit. Personally, I won't use it unless the camera view is close enough to an explosion that it would look strange if it didn't shake. Battle La just shook the camera for 2 hours straight.

The Little Mermaid GIF by Walt Disney Studios

One of the better live action disney remakes, but still sucked compared to the cartoon, like the rest of them

they updated the song Under the Sea by adding some Ariel lines and really butchered it.
Like really? and even javier bardem was boring in this film!

really seems like a bunch of hacks made this movie

Melissa Mcarthy actually did a great job and so did her hot counterpart, and there were a few cool shots, but overall meh

If the cartoons are always better it makes me wonder if we'll see a cartoon remake of a popular live action
like will we see the avengers series be rebooted as a cartoon in 20 years? will it be even BETTER than the live action?

Last edited:
Pinball: The Man Who Saved the Game

The best movie I have seen in a very long time. Incredibly well written. I actually clapped after watching this at home thru Amazon Prime membership :) On a hunt to find more from these same creators ...

Pinball: The Man Who Saved the Game

The best movie I have seen in a very long time. Incredibly well written. I actually clapped after watching this at home thru Amazon Prime membership :) On a hunt to find more from these same creators ...

Woah I'll have to check that out! fam recently added 3 premium sterns to the poolhouse.
Godzilla, Jurrasic Park, and Avengers, they're WAY more fun than the old ones from the 80s.

This is the first time in my life I've truly played pinball besides just like an odd game here or there, really put some time in.
Godzilla has 3 moving fixtures and 2 electromagnets, and just a hell of a lot of fun, finally broke a billion for the first time 10 minutes ago, got 1.8B.
Victory!

NOTE: This machine keeps talking about aliens invading earth and you have to fight a giant lobster crab thing.. just exactly the shit I DON'T want to hear

Last edited:
Back