• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch WHAT'S OUT THERE - my short sci-fi-ish thing

Actually, when I finished WHAT'S OUT THERE I was excited to finally be able to focus on a new project. Then I opened the script for my next thing and remembered that I had taken a little break during editing of WOT to start writing the next one....and so I opened up the first draft to find that it was almost complete!

It's a short of a similar length (20-30min) which is basically my psychological thriller WHAT WOMEN WANT -- boy meets girl, can read girl's mind, starts out useful but gets out of hand.

Planning on shooting this spring.

Hm... personally I'd like to see you tackle something more original. :)

Out of curiosity's sake, how old would you say the actors in WHAT'S OUT THERE looked?

The lighting was a big harsh, but not awful or anything. I lucked out on Adam Funn in that we wound up with a professional cinematographer who had all his own lighting equipment. He's very, very good.

But what I mean is literally how old did you think the characters were? Because we cast pretty young but I didn't want it to distractingly look like a bunch of a kids...

But what I mean is literally how old did you think the characters were? Because we cast pretty young but I didn't want it to distractingly look like a bunch of a kids...

I'm in my mid-30's so yeah, it looked like you cast a bunch of kids. :) But they were all of believable driving age, so that still worked. What didn't work for me is that once it was revealed that the vague apocalypse was actually SPOILERS pod people (or some other "imposter"-type threat) /SPOILERS, it became totally unrealistic that First Dan would have let anyone in at all. And if made believable that he let in that first person, there's no way the two of them would have let anyone else in.

First Dan is easily the best actor of the bunch. You should cast him as your lead in your next project.

That's a fair point. The way I looked at it (and this could have been more clearly conveyed) was that there wasn't a lot of clear information about what exactly WAS going on above ground. They don't know what the invaders or whatever are capable of!

But it remains a fair point.

I just thought of something... if you're going to tackle the What Women Want style of plot, what if the main character only thinks he's reading their minds but instead is hearing something different...

I just thought of something... if you're going to tackle the What Women Want style of plot, what if the main character only thinks he's reading their minds but instead is hearing something different...

You're on the right track.

And it's purely boy meets girl whose thoughts he can read. Not boy can read all girl's thoughts.

Anyway, I don't wanna say much more right now...the script should be done relatively soon.

How old WERE the actors? I was thinking early 20's.
I liked the tall blond guy, the character reminded me of Corey Feldman's in "Lost Boys". I liked the scene where he's whispering in tough guy mode, clears his throat, and talks normally. I thought he was the best actor because of his comic presence and he dominated scenes I thought. The alien girl probably needs a fanpage around now.

How old WERE the actors? I was thinking early 20's.
I liked the tall blond guy, the character reminded me of Corey Feldman's in "Lost Boys". I liked the scene where he's whispering in tough guy mode, clears his throat, and talks normally. I thought he was the best actor because of his comic presence and he dominated scenes I thought. The alien girl probably needs a fanpage around now.

The oldest actor was 19.

Back