The Ring 2
Cthulhu
Into the Wild
The Guardian
Everyman's War
The Road
Crimps :D

Not bad for a town of 10,000.

The Original Friday the 13th was filmed in the town I grew up in. No little kids came out of the water while I was there.
Where I live Now
Heartbreakers
2 Fast 2 Furious
Bad Boys 2
Caddyshack
Any Given Sunday

Last edited:
My better half lived near and actually watched in person the "bomb explosion/implosion" scene from Lethal Weapon (2?)

the scene

"Roger?"
'Yeah?"

"Grab The Cat" :)

Well, I live in Las Vegas... so I've never heard of anything being filmed here...

Interesting username ;)

My home away from home in the states is near where they shot The Devil's Own, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Something's Gotta Give and a great episode of Gossip Girl! :D

Technically I live in south Jersey... which apparently hosted "Jersey Girl". Who knew? ;)

Philly is the poor man's NY as seen in "Limitless" and "How Do You Know" ... eh, we'll take it. LOL!

Being in Michigan, and only an hour from Grand Rapids, there are quite a few films going on around here. In particular with 50 Cent, who loves making movies in MI. I think they're planning to make a prequel to Wizard of Oz in Michigan, and The Dark Knight Rises will be filmed near Detroit.

I'm actually friends with the West Michigan Film Office, and so I get updated a lot on the filming going on in Michigan.

Technically I live in south Jersey... which apparently hosted "Jersey Girl". Who knew? ;)

Philly is the poor man's NY as seen in "Limitless" and "How Do You Know" ... eh, we'll take it. LOL!

M. Night Shyamalan's made most of his movies in Philly, right?

all of the best films are shot in ohio. Shawshank redemption, Christmas story, Tommyboy, and the best..... Air force 1!!! hahah fuck harrison ford.

the best part is that tommy boy was shot on my town. Good old Sandusky OHIO!!! they put us on the map. well, that and cedar point.

The Dark Knight, Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, The Hunt for Red October, Across the Universe, In the Name of the Father, Alfie, Formula 51.

Apparantly. Although I'm sure I know other films that were shot here and I didn't hear about some of these.

Depends how you define 'Near'.

Within driving distance: Parts of King Kong (The theatre at the end of the film) , Parts of Lord of the Rings and currently the Hobbit (The Shire), Yogi Bear, Wolverine

Back