What to do with my Movie?

We're in the process of making a movie, and we've planned it for summer 2005.

We've made a website, which will be a dotcom soon, to get some "fans".

A lot of friends have watched our trailer and thought it was very cool!

After we've finished the movie, we plan to show it in school and burn it on a couple of DVD's. But after working about 8 months to finish it (which I think it will take) I want to show it to as many people as possible.

So my question is, what other methods can I use to show it to people. We will speak all in English and we'll have a version with Dutch subtitles. The movie will be about 45 minutes I think. It will be a mixmash of movies and a lot of own stuff we put in. It will be a comedy...

Do you guys have any idea to get it shown on some other media...

We use the website to try to get some more people to go and watch it after we've finished it.
It's called The Lord of the Mojo.

www.beyondimagination-ltd.tk (soon .com)

You can view our first teaser trailer, some making off's, guestbook, teaser poster etc.
In a few days I will have an english version, but you should be able to download all the files very easily.

Hoping for some decent replies....

Thanks in advance

Greets Gotan

The links in the column on the right side of the website don't work. Have to go into the downloads section to get the files.

You could submit it to ifilm.com.. festivals.. umm.. vegasindie would probably show it on his tv show.

That's all I can think of now.

Hmm... I forgot to mention that I am 16 years old from Holland perhaps. Do I have to attend the festival myself to get it shown... etcetera... I would like to get it shown in a way it doesn't cost us that much...

greets gotan

No, you don't necessarily have to be at the festival. If it's accepted it will be shown, but people generally recommend attending if possible, because being there to make contacts and such is usually a big part of why people want to get into a festival.

Not a problem.. I'm kind of surprised that no one else has replied yet.. I couldn't have possibly covered all the bases yet. Whatever you decide, good luck! :D

I have a show that will air in Vegas like Will said you can submit it to us. But it will take a while before it airs because I'm still waiting for more flicks before I get the ball rolling. But Here's where I submitted my film. Ifilm it's like $75 for a 3month pkg. Thats kinda pricey, so check out Studentfilms.com they will stream your movie for one year for only $10. And of course film festivals. Another site is budgetfilmmaker.com. Good luck

VegasIndiesTV

Studentfilms

Ifilm

BudgetFilmmaker

Those are good links, thanks vegasindie...

I wonder if we should get a sticky thread somewhere with a list of sites to submit to, and possibly a festival listing or something.

European film festivals, at least some, are free to submit to so that will keep things cheap for you. I'm writing an article on this very subject right now. Will link to it here later next week.

Back