What happens to college undergrads in Film after they graduate??

I applied for over 125 jobs this summer... anything to get my foot in the door. But the way the economy was, no one was hiring in the NY market. Hell, I even knew someone at HBO when I applied for an office PA job, I had a great interview.. and I still didn't get it. So I started looking elsewhere, and it just so happens that it paid off!

As of two weeks ago, I am officially the Director of Photography of a small production company based out of Raleigh, NC called Back Home Productions www.backhomeproductions.net

We shoot mainly corporate video, but we are starting to dip into documentaries.. which is something I have dreamed about doing.

It was a huge risk moving from NY and I am hoping it pays off... but so far I love it and I love my job. While the company is small, we get to travel a whole lot. By the end of the year I will be sent to London and Milan to shoot a corporate video for IBM!

It's pretty amazing, so my message is to just keep trying and applying! Something will come up.. If not, then keep pushing to make that indie. Things work out in the end!

Back