• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

What do you think about using color correct

just finished a video using color correction, i love it but others don't. they say it looks fake and weird.
I don't know if i use it probably.

here is my video, if anyone should be interested
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N5mMJRaEyg
---------------------------------------------------------------

i would love to see how other editors use color correction, so post a video or something thx.

This Colour Grade is similar to that of flashbacks, particularly coming to mind is in crime shows when it flashes to the crime taking place.

You have posted this video an awful lot of times....

You need some form of colour correction on every project just to make things look natural and look the same.

As for the particular grade you mentioned and whether you should use it or not... The grade depends on your subject matter and the mood you want to convey. Don't use it just for a 'cool style' to have.

I generally recommend that you attack flesh tones and EVERYTHING ELSE separately in your grade... people will be able to rectify colors being quite extreme on just about everything but skin. There it informs the viewer of the health and how close we should stand to the subject to stay safe ourselves from some world reducing plague... it's psychological, we want flesh to look fleshy and healthy.

Build a key from the croma values in the image and correct them separately.

Back