• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

We've made a camera fly...

I love it! Can I ask what quadopter you are using? Did you build it yourself? This is something I've been looking into for a couple years. Curious how you got into this? What camera(s) are you mounting to the bottom? Are you a team effort (one flys while the other controls camera direction)? Or is the camera non moving? Love your work, would like to know more about your areal device. I'd like to build an areal unit, mainly for my own productions.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff

Very impressive, much smoother than most of the quad rotor stuff I've seen - I assume having twice as many rotors contributes to that. Size is probably a factor - is it fairly large too?

I built the multi-rotor at my dining room table. It uses a Cinestar frame and Hoverfly electronics - lots of custom work on it. The multi-rotor is about 40 inches across, motor to motor. We can haul up to a Red Epic with it. We're working on another aircraft that will lift even heavier cameras.

Flying it is a two man operation. I fly, and my camera op operates the 3 axis gimbal. There are several factors that contribute to the smooth footage. It isn't as easy as it looks! Takes a lot of work and practice.

Back