weather forecast says film shoot date is raining, do i pull the plug?

24 hours ago the forecast said sunny with 10% chance of rain. now it says its going to be full-on raining with 90% chance of rain. my film shoot is next saturday august 29. the video im shooting has family "contestants" in it so they can decide to not show up if they dont want to. i doubt they would show up if it was dark, cloudy, and raining. im also renting a lot of equipment, trucks, catering etc. is the weather forecast reliable 9 days out? if i cancel now I would have only wasted around $1500. if i take a chance and hope it doesnt rain and show up to the shoot and it rains, then i lose $8000. what do you think i should do?

oh man oh man oh man

Where has the $1500 gone out of curiosity ?

the canadian dollar dropped 3 weeks ago and f***ed me over big time.

$800 voice actor ended up costing $1100

$300 logo ended up costing $420

costume was like $260

prop rocket launcher cost $230 (I gave the dumbass over 1 month notice on ebay and I think he shipped it to the wrong person 2 weeks ago. He sounds shady, says he shipped it 2 days ago and hasn't given me a tracking number).

now that I think of it i've spent $2000 - $3000 already.

the canadian dollar dropped 3 weeks ago and f***ed me over big time.

$800 voice actor ended up costing $1100

$300 logo ended up costing $420

costume was like $260

prop rocket launcher cost $230 (I gave the dumbass over 1 month notice on ebay and I think he shipped it to the wrong person 2 weeks ago. He sounds shady, says he shipped it 2 days ago and hasn't given me a tracking number).

now that I think of it i've spent $2000 - $3000 already.

Cool - None of that money is lost if you postpone the shoot.
It's all still invested into the project and will be used at whatever date.

I think I failed, the rainy day is too much. Even dark clouds ruin the feel of the video alone. Rescheduling is going to be a pain in the ass for everything I booked and the kids are going to have to go to school soon.

I can't believe it has to rain... jesus......... ..... CHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRIIIISSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

We can try editing the dialogue lines to fit the situation and add props like umbrellas. It just ripped a huge chunk of motivation out of me.

I'm starting to text people to find out if switching the date to the next week is possible at all, I'd be surprised if it was. Thanks for the advice.

I think I failed.....................!

You only fail if you give up now.
You will find that rescheduling due to the wheather is something people will understand. Whether or not it is easy to get a new date that is feasable for everyone is something to discover.
This is part of filmmaking.

Watch 'Lost in La Mancha' and you will see it takes a lot more problems to fail.

Where did you find that voice actor?
How many takes/rerecordings do you get?

The voice actor has about 130 words and maybe 20 lines (but his job is to be a crazy voice announcer).

It's the canadian dollar that f***ed me over. It's really $825 USD.

US$ 825 for 20 lines??? I'll do Crazy for that amount. I'll even throw in the thin accent I have. I can throw in my original thicker accent too. I can even do a foreign language crazy...

what the hell are you doing? why are you spending your money on a voice actor??? Why can't you do crazy voice yourself?? Ask any comedian friend. Comedians can do all sorts of voices. And take them to a nice Korean restaurant afterwards. They'll be happy.

wtf man?

You only fail if you give up now.
You will find that rescheduling due to the wheather is something people will understand. Whether or not it is easy to get a new date that is feasable for everyone is something to discover.
This is part of filmmaking.

Watch 'Lost in La Mancha' and you will see it takes a lot more problems to fail.

Where did you find that voice actor?
How many takes/rerecordings do you get?

I wasn't able to reschedule. I don't really have much of a choice now, it's either hold off until next summer or do it now. I think i'm going to just go for it.

Thx for the reference.

The voice acting part for this is really crucial so I really need to put in the money to hire a professional voice actor. I used voices.com and there are thousands of voice actors with a lot of experience. But since this is my first time hiring a voice actor I ran into a problem. Paying someone to do lines who isn't standing in the same room as you just doesn't work. I'm going to have to end up firing the guy because his voice doesn't suit the character anymore.

Back