• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

'Valet' is going to be made into a film...but I need your support!

Hey Everyone,

I thought this post may be of interest for all those who have given me great feedback and advice on here. Earlier this year I posted a short screenplay I wrote; ‘Valet’, with the feedback I got I rewrote and rewrote until I was happy with the outcome…the great news is that I’m now directing it. It’s going to be a real short film and not just a screenplay stuck in a drawer. We’re well into pre-production and have a full crew and cast on board, and we just launched out Kickstarter campaign. I would really love it if anyone would be willing to show their support; checking out our campaign, sharing and pledging at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laurahirst/valet

Thank you!

Cool!
Good luck!

I'm immediately taken off-guard by your goal... $1,603? Are you asking for an exact amount of money without leaving some breathing room in case of unfortunate outcomes?

She's from the UK and trying to raise 1050,- British Pounds.
Logically it translates to weird $ numbers ;)

One glance at her profile explains a lot :P

Cool!
Good luck!

She's from the UK and trying to raise 1050,- British Pounds.
Logically it translates to weird $ numbers ;)

One glance at her profile explains a lot :P

WalterB is right, I'm from the UK, we're asking for £1050. Kickstarter automatically converts it to the standard currency for every country, my apologies for the confusion!

WalterB is right, I'm from the UK, we're asking for £1050. Kickstarter automatically converts it to the standard currency for every country, my apologies for the confusion!

Oh! That's new to me. I've looked at tons of projects from other countries and it's always showed me the currency as is used by the project creator. Normally it'd only convert when I was checking out on pledges.

Cool.

I did read it but couldn't sit down to critique properly.

Too many projects. Waaaah.

Good luck with the kick starter.

Edit: I see you got it funded! Nice one. Looking forward to seeing it.

Was going to pledge as an apology for not being able to critique ;)

Last edited:
Back