Utah film sanitizers defeated

Thanks for summarizing the court case, it made some interesting points. Doesn't the airline industry pursue a similar censorship policy for its in-flight movies? How is that different from the Mormons?

I believe the airlines just don't play movies that don't have alternative versions provided by the filmmakers. They need different audio trax from the filmmakers as well as removing references to anything that could frighten the passengers...i.e. I don't think "Snakes on a Plane" or "World Trade Center" will ever be shown in-flight.

I'd be interested in seeing what the mrmons edit of Texas Chainsaw Massacre would look like...;)

Filmmakers and studios negotiate these censored versions in their production contracts. But if studios provide "cleansed" versions of films for the airline industry, they could just as well provide them for the general public, if the demand were there. So the 3rd party mrmon editing house is providing a service the studio can also provide, but chooses not to. This scenario looks more like a production house catering to a niche market than a pirate duplication operation. I'm suprised that indie filmmakers would be backing the Big Studios against other indie operations. Is it because they're Mormons?

Last edited:
I think the problem with it is not that they are mormons ( I bought Napolean Dynamite and enjoyed it ), but that they are changing the artistic vision of the created works without the consent of the filmmakers which is precisely the problem most indie filmmakers have with Hollywood is the pandering to the lowest common denominator in regards to our artistic visions.

I Personally love the Hollywood system...except for how difficult it is to break into...but I imagine that weeds out the less than commited folks...and working in computers, I think that would be useful at times.

Spatula said:
I say once every kid reaches puberty, ship them off to fight in the Middle East. Then if they survive, make them watch all of Kevin Smith's films over and over, get them drunk and smoke them up, shoot them with heroin, anally rape them (which is double plus if you're the daddy), and then lock them in a small room for a year, throwing scraps of raw meat to them once a week (which they will have to fight the rats for to eat).

Dad, is that you?

Poke

Loud Orange Cat said:
These sanitizing companies would take it upon themselves to take a movie they have no rights to, edit them and resell them.

They're nothing more than PIRATES using the name of some cult/religion to justify their illegal actions.

I'm glad they got shut down.

On top of raping the directors film, they profited off of it as well?

umm mormons?

Back