Ultra16 clip

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes I'm testing and getting used to the camera. This test was the first color that I shot with the NPR since Bernie O. worked it over. He also laser brightened the GG. It's amazing how much easier it is to focus. Cinelab did a great job with the Ultra16 processing and 1080p transfer. I'm amazed at how nice it looks considering the film stock has to be at least 15 years old. Film has such a wonderful exposure range.

Next test will be with actors and sound. My NPR has a crystal motor. So I want to shoot a very short short or a single scene.

I also have an ultra16 K3 also converted by Bernie O. I've been shooting some old 7277 4x B&W reversal with it but have not done any transfers yet. Been cutting it and viewing in my Moviescop viewer.

I bought the 400' roll of film from eBay for $25.00. The seller I got it from said they were selling the film cheap because they had no idea how it was stored. They were given the stock and the giver didn't know either. The 15 year comment is mine it is most likely older than that. My guess is it had to be in a freezer for most of the unknown time for it to look as good as it does.

Back