• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Two Red Bulls

Hey everyone,

This was a film we made for a 24 Hour Film Competition. The competition was open to anyone between the ages of 15-18, and the guidelines were that it had to use one of three lines from a famous horror movie (we used "whatever you do, don't fall asleep), it had to have a shot with someone poking their head through a small space like Jack Nicholson in the Shining, and it had to have the sound of a cat screeching. We finished it with a bunch of time to spare, and ended up winning first place.

We'd like to know what you think of it, especially since this is our first film, so please give us feedback!

Thanks a lot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdvCPZPyv1g

It took me a while to figure out what shot was the "poking their head through a small space like Jack Nicholson", but that was the guy through the car window at the beginning, right?

I thought it was alright overall, especially for 24 hours. There were a couple of things off about it, like not really making much sense, but one of the things that really jumped out at me was the timing of the line "Whatever you do, don't fall asleep" and the amount of shots you used when leaving the car park - in fact, you didn't even need to show them leaving the car park at all, just getting into the car and then cutting to them driving along the road, but more than one shot of them driving off wasn't really necessary at all.

I liked it though :)

Pretty fucking cool.
I didn't like it, throughout most of it. I forced myself to keep watching it. But then the twist came, and I got it. Tricky-tricky!

There were a couple of things off about it, like not really making much sense

The fact that it doesn't make sense is exactly why it makes sense. Because dreams don't make sense.

Nice job; I really like the Shyamalanian Twist!

Back