• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Trailer: James vs Reality

Looks awsome Chris. You made a very impressive first film. The production values are high. The CGI work is great. The whole thing looks real good. Look forward to seeing the final version of the film. Good job on the trailer. Nice job filming a low budget film but making it look like it was big bucks.

I'm amazed how you got those sound effects. How exactly did you do that, Chris? They're great.

Which sounds? The entire film is ADR'd and foley'd, as we didn't have anything remotely close to good sound equipment. More or less, the entire films audio was recorded in my closet, from dialogue to sound effects. The creature sound effects were a combine of screeching metal, a squealing pig, airplane jets and this bass hit...most of those things weren't foley'd in a closet though!

Let us know when you get in the Festivals and where to watch it if it is online or on DVD in the future. Thanks Chris. Really great what you did there. I like your other CGI film stuff too. I would like to see the Nim films.

Let us know when you get in the Festivals and where to watch it if it is online or on DVD in the future. Thanks Chris. Really great what you did there. I like your other CGI film stuff too. I would like to see the Nim films.

Thanks! I'll keep updating new news on the film (festivals we hopefully get into and DVD sales... I'm working on getting DVDs up and running now actually).

Cool!!! Will be much better if you will change your currently fps to 24 fps for your video. You will get film look effect... Otherwise it looks like a video..., not like a cinema. Your trailer looks great!!

Yep, the feature I'm starting will be done at 24. I was stuck doing James vs Reality at 30 due to lack of equipment (you have no idea how much I 'fixed' the footage you see here with color correction and such, upgrading it from the craptacular footage we originally got!)

Cool!!! Will be much better if you will change your currently fps to 24 fps for your video. You will get film look effect... Otherwise it looks like a video..., not like a cinema. Your trailer looks great!!

Converting from 30 to 24 has its drawbacks though, especially on a finished project. I'd advise against it for most movies. If something is going to be in 24 fps, it probably ought to start that way (like Chris said for his next project -- and good choice, too!). A very effects-heavy piece that is already finished with post is risking quality degradation from computer-interpreted frame blending, motion artifacts, or dropped frames, etc. (particularly on something that maybe didn't have optimal source footage to begin with) for an effect that really isn't going to do all that much. 95% of the audience probably won't even notice a difference.

Of course, anyone with a 30fps movie that wants to make a Blu-ray doesn't really have a choice but to convert to 24p or 60i anyway, but with the prevalence of web/streaming distribution, frame rate is no longer quite as key as it once was...

Back