• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Trailer for short horror film "Undertones".

Honest opinion...

This trailer doesn't offer anything. If it weren't for the blurb that accompanied the video, I'd have no idea what the film was about. I'm all for not giving too much away in a trailer, but this offers too little. How long is the film? Trying to cut a trailer from a five minute movie might prove difficult...

The film is 15 minutes. I do agree you can't tell too much about the plot in the trailer. It's more like a "teaser" than a trailer anyway.
I think what it does convey well is a sense of intrigue and conflict. Hopefully the small teaser is enough to pique some interest.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Cuts are a bit too fast, weird audio. None of the frames really showing something that would interest me why I should watch this movie.

I do like the shot of the man covered in blood leaning against the wall.

15 mins? wow. Im hoping its some bad ass little story, if its 15 mins long! :-D

Good luck on the film festivals

I have to agree with everyone else here. I was totally confused. WhenI read the blurb under the video I got it. You really don't need to show much HOWEVER, you need some type of CLEAR set-up. Like a man renting a room, then this creepy thing happens, it's a mystery, intrigue…something like that. Teaser isn't the entire plot. However, it is the basic set-up, what the movie is about. Maybe watch a bunch of trailers on youtube, imdb or some other site and get a feel for what you like.
Hope that helps, Best of luck.

Back