Trademark in marketing

I'm ready to officially release Antihero, but I can't figure out which poster to use. The original poster is really cool, but I've learned that it often confuses people. The newer poster (design concept by IT's brilliant Dreadylocks) much more accurately represents the movie, and I feel also attracts more attention. I have a strong preference for the newer poster.

For those who don't immediately recognize it, that is basically the logo for PBR. My movie features Pabst products, prominently, and I got permission from them to do so:

Pabst Brewing Company grants you permission to use signage and products bearing the Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and Colt 45 Malt Liquor logos and images in the production "Antihero".

I can't figure out if that means that I'm also allowed to use the trademarked logo in promotional materials. It would seem obvious that I can use the logo in a trailer, or still photos from the movie, both of which might bear the logo as they appear in the actual movie. But does that also extend to a poster?

I'll save y'all the time of telling me to consult a lawyer. Yeah, I know. This thread is more intended as general conversation; I just want to discuss something that is important to me, but I won't take any advice or opinions in here as official expertise. Also, I do plan to contact Pabst, cuz that's just the obvious thing to do, but their corporation has significantly re-organized since they gave me permission, so I'm assuming it's gonna take a couple weeks to get their official response.

Any thoughts are much appreciated! :)

Back