Galaxy Quest
Adaptation
IQ
As Good as it Gets

Groundhog Day
MP's Holy Grail
MP's Life of Brian
Antz

ooo, IQ was really sweet and fun. Gotta love Walter Matthou. And Einstein, the dirty bastard.

Team America is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. If I recall right I laughed one time and that's it, the rest of the time I sat there wishing it would end.

Galaxy Quest I've watched like hardcore StarWars fans watch that over rated crap.

Kevin Smith is one of if not my fav writer and I have all his stuff. If I had to place them in order of funniest I think it would be:
Mallrats
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Clerks (Get the 10th annv edition it's worth the money)
Dogma
Clerks animated series.
Chasing Amy
Jersey Girl

Now Chasing Amy is a good movie it's just not that funny of one.
Jersey Girl is a decent movie but just not really funny.

Team America is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. If I recall right I laughed one time and that's it, the rest of the time I sat there wishing it would end.

Galaxy Quest I've watched like hardcore StarWars fans watch that over rated crap.

Kevin Smith is one of if not my fav writer and I have all his stuff. If I had to place them in order of funniest I think it would be:
Mallrats
Dogma
Clerks animated series.
Chasing Amy
Jersey Girl

I have to agree with this list except for Mallrats being number one. You didn't put in Clerks 2 though, it's ok I guess since it wasn't that great.

OH SHIT I KNEW I FORGOT ONE! Thanks Blanc/Noir, I don't know how I let Clerks 2 pass me by.

Mallrats
Clerks 2
Dogma
Clerks animated series.
Chasing Amy
Jersey Girl

Blanc/Noir Mallrats is #1 for me because it touches on a lot of things I like (mostly comics) but you also have a semi pervy co lead who has these uncensored thoughts and I can relate to him and that movie more than I can with any of the other Kevin Smith movies.

I get what you're saying Buck. I mean it's definately a really good one, but for all around laughs Strike Back just had the laughs rolling for me.

Huh.

No "Rocky Horror Picture Show" fanatics?

Love it, but can't say I'd place that in my comedy category.

Btw, the short revival of the actual stage production ends this week, in Los Angeles. :(

I'm gonna have to miss it - last time I saw it was in New Zealand... with a young Russel Crowe. :hmm:

Yeah, Ferris Beuler probably makes my top 20, for sure. Holy Grail is pretty much the only Python that I like. But I can't believe you (and me, too actually) forgot to put Goonies on the list! That definitely qualifies as a comedy.

Yeah I can't believe I forgot Goonies - but I'd call that adventure with comedy in it.

It's not in the comedy section at Blockbuster, is it?

I love the Three Stooges.

My dad is a huge fan so I am too because I used to watch it with him.

I liked Curly and not his replacement better, though.

Wet hot american summer - David wain from stella is a genius

hot rod - possibly the dumbest movie ive ever seen in such a funny funny way (if your into andy samburg)

MP search for the holy grail

Tommy boy

young frankenstein

Cool, let me know how it goes :)

I haven't seen Team America yet, but I've heard good things. It's a war satire, right?

I enjoyed "Arthur". The Hobson character cracked me up.

"Team America" is more a satire of action movies, with some political satire and poopy-jokes thrown into the mix.

Do you like "South Park"? If so, you'll love "Team America". If not, well, you can listen to TheBuck's review.

Always find that comedies struggle in cinema - I usually watch tv shows if I'm looking for some laughs. But if I was to list some of my top five I'd probably go with:

Dumb and Dumber
Clerks
Life of Brian
Dazed and Confused
Withnail & I

Some that missed out include:

In the Loop, Delicatessen, South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, Leaves of Grass, His Girl Friday, Four Lions, The Puffy Chair, The King of Comedy, Tales from the Golden Age, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Goodbye Lenin! and Bad Santa.

1. Blazing Saddles
2. Caddy Shack
3. Airplane
4. Young Frankenstein
5. Princess Bride

5 is reeeeally hard...and they can change, depending on my mood or current memory state...

Back