• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Title Ideas

I will need a catchy title for IC3.

Here is my idea.

IC3: From AI to Artificial Consciousness.

I don't want to use Rise of the Artificially Conscious Machines because it is too similar to T3 and I don't want it associated with one of The Asylum's mockbusters.

Reaction to the title?

Thanks.

I'm thinking of the progressive evolution of the machines.

I found some very interesting videos by physicists and connitive scientists on the subject of artificial consciousness. Once that barrior of the human brain is broken down and understood, machines will surpass humans having both AI and AC.

Shorting it is a good consideration.

I found some very interesting videos by physicists and connitive scientists on the subject of artificial consciousness. Once that barrior of the human brain is broken down and understood, machines will surpass humans having both AI and AC.

That 'barrier' is what scientists call 'the singularity.'

Hell that's not a bad name for the sequel. I Creator: Singularity.

But aren't you putting DesCartes before des horse? IC2 isn't even close to finished yet, am I right?

That 'barrier' is what scientists call 'the singularity.'

Hell that's not a bad name for the sequel. I Creator: Singularity.

But aren't you putting DesCartes before des horse? IC2 isn't even close to finished yet, am I right?

I'm more than 1/2 way through the rough cut. I expect to show what I have to 2 crew people on Sunday. I've been adding in the cgi, sound effects, and been repairing some of the sound.

I planned IC2 a year in advanced. I have a good portion for the treatment for IC3 script complete already. I'm planning for next year.

IC2 will be out in the Summer 2012.

I like IC3: The Singularity.

Also,

IC3: Machines With Souls.

I Creator: Therefore I Am? ;) Planning way in advance is always a good thing.

I also like The Singularity. Doesn't give too much away, but thematically appropriate. Catchy, and brief. Machines with Souls isn't bad, but I think I like The Singularity better because it describes the concept, rather than the object.

They're all to much of a mouthful. You need something that is marketable without the I, Creator prefix.

I think The Singularity is by far the best option so far. Congrats Dready! :D

I'm looking to simply shorten it to:

IC3: The Singularity.

Remember, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? Fans simply shortened it to Terminator on their own.

Artificial Evolution?

What do you get when you Google it or search for it on YouTube?

Artificial Consciousness is on both. Both Physicists and Cognitive Scientists say that Quantum Computers are already at a subatomic level and how much smaller must we go before we touch on the stuff that makes a soul or a living consciousness? We have not tried to create an artificial consciousness yet, simply because we just don't understand how a living consciousness works. When we do, we will immitate it.

Last edited:
In the I, Creator series, the first generation cyborgs had cloned brains of scientists who made them. From that science came a greater understanding of human consciousness and the architecture of the human brain. The newer generation has biosynthetic brains that are made with photographic memories and faster than human information processing.

Given your framework, adding in a black hole to the plot, for example, to add ambiguity to the title could be really cool, but more for a longer work than a short.

"Turing Test"

I used to work in the field of AI development, and this is the name of the test used to determine whether an AI could pass for human under circumstance X.

It's named after famed scientist Albert Turning.

I, Creator: Singularity's Soul
I, Creator: Soul of the Singularity
I, Creator: Soul of a Singularity
I, Creator: Seminal Soul
I, Creator: Transgenesis
I, Creator: Singular Shift
I, Creator: Silicon Soul
I, Creator: Achievement
I, Creator: Outlier
I, Creator: Results... Promising

Back