• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Time flies (An amateur attempt)

This time around our camera/editor man wasn't available. But in order to keep momentum and because passion goes over talent, we decided to still film and edit this little film ourselves.

We tried to film it on a TV sketch style, so it's pretty simple. Still we learnt a lot about filming angles, lighting (I used all the lamps of my place), an basic camera settings. The end result is better than what we thought, but worse than what we would achieved with a bit more of time and experience.

This was filmed in 5 hours and edited in 2 days (using simple imovie!)... we had very limited time! Which made it more interesting.

Time flies

Long life to the microbudget!

Last edited:
Comments are welcome, we want to get better, and we aren't stopping. Currently editing our first music video on our own.
On this one at least we learnt one basic lesson about the close up transition...

Heh, I found that funny. :cool:

Timing could have been tightened up a lot, and more energy from the actors. Gotta keep the levels up, for bizarro comedy.

The actual setup worked well. Kazzoo-tunes, fly-pov's, etc. Shadows were a bit distracting (on the two flies), but that's not the end of the world.

Flies couldn't make up their minds if they had French or Spanish accents :lol:

When's the next one?

Thanks Zensteve,

I agree on the timing. Lack of time also to work on the filming. Also I find it that we should have different angles to improve the emotions, but one camera and no camera man! (yes, I was one of the flies).

We had a mexican fly and a french fly, but maybe we should have just kept it plain English, heheheh

The shadows! We tried to remove them but with our knowledge, and without proper lighting that were not enough. Point taken.

Thanks

We had a mexican fly and a french fly, but maybe we should have just kept it plain English, heheheh

It would not have been nearly as good without the accents. I liked it. Only thing is perhaps there could have been more movement front the characters during the conversation. Also some of the cuts were a bit jarring. I thought it was funny though. Nice job.

Denhaven, we realised the "staticness" when it was too late. Also because we lost a long time laughing... hard to keep straight face when someone looks at you dressed in black and with those gogles :)

Back