Thoughts on my new logo!?

I know i have to crop the bottem. I got the idea from the MLB logo obviusly. But i just thought that would be a cool logo and name for my production company? i created it in about 35 minutes! What are your thoughts about it?

one more thing would this logo be considered copy right infringement to the MLB?

Attachments

• MLF logo.jpg
    MLF logo.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 91
Pretty cool actually. A couple things you can fix: the words at the bottom are a bit stretched and there's a bit too much black space on the bottom. Also, there's a bit of a white outline around the camera operator. Use the magic wand tool man!!

Yeah the words at the bottem thats the font its just streched like that im going to fix that though as for the white out line, it was much worst before ive been cleaning it up still not 100% though

If this logo gets around, expect to get a letter from MLB on both the title and logo. You may have a chance of beating MLB if you went to court, but do you have the resources?

Sorry.

Good luck though.

If this logo gets around, expect to get a letter from MLB on both the title and logo. You may have a chance of beating MLB if you went to court, but do you have the resources?

Sorry.

Good luck though.

you really think so? becuase MLG (major league gameing) has the same type of logo aswell? that would realy suck. I dont really wanna continue with this name then down the road have to change it =/

If I were you, I'd make the man a little taller, so the black reaches the outside of the frame. You wouldn't see the line between the two colours then. Same with the blue above his knee and left hand. Change them to red. It'll look better, more akin to the actual MLB (or NBA or MLG) logo.

To be honest though (I know you're not asking for an opinion on the name, sorry) but I'm not a fan of the name. I can't put my finger on it, but Major League Films just doesn't sound right...

If I were you, I'd make the man a little taller, so the black reaches the outside of the frame. You wouldn't see the line between the two colours then. Same with the blue above his knee and left hand. Change them to red. It'll look better, more akin to the actual MLB (or NBA or MLG) logo.

I like that idea ima try it out! thanks!

To be honest though (I know you're not asking for an opinion on the name, sorry) but I'm not a fan of the name. I can't put my finger on it, but Major League Films just doesn't sound right...

I dont know... i like the name and couldn't think of anything i like better so.......ima stick with it :D

MLG has a little thing called "money."

It looks okay, but personally I would rather forego all the hassle that comes with using a derivative of another famous logo.

Beside the TM issues... it conveys that you do sports films, is that what you want?

you really think so? becuase MLG (major league gameing) has the same type of logo aswell? that would realy suck. I dont really wanna continue with this name then down the road have to change it =/

I don't think trademark is going to be an issue. There's Major League Soccer. baseball doesn't own the term Major League.

Well you can deny it is named after the MLB until they see the logo, that's the problem.

mlb_logo.gif

I didnt really think of it as sports films? i was thinking the term major league as in like big or seriouse...you know when some one says "thats some major league ________"

Then change the logo.

It didn't convey sports to me at all. I understand the roots of the aesthetic but I've also seen it used for many non-sport related things, so.

MLG has a little thing called "money."

It looks okay, but personally I would rather forego all the hassle that comes with using a derivative of another famous logo.

They didn't have much money when they first started. I can tell you that much right now. It was basically a few tube televisions with small pools of money, started by 2 guys in there house.

Back